Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE Social Justice Scholarships
For the fifth consecutive year, Freidin Brown, P.A. is teaming up with SAVE to provide the 2023 Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE Social Justice Scholarships, which give financial support to LGBTQ and allied students who have strong connections to the South Florida community and are striving to lead in a field of Social Justice.
By offering $25,000 in needed financial support, Freidin Brown, P.A. and SAVE hope to give tomorrow’s social justice leaders the tools they need to excel.
Scholarship applications will be accepted between June 1 and August 25, 2023. Scholarship recipients will be announced by September 15, 2023.
Finalists will be requested to join us for a brief interview before winners are announced. Scholarships will be funded directly to each winner’s school.
Applicants must have a proven record of volunteer or leadership experience either within the LGBTQ community or within another field of Social Justice.
Applicants must have completed at least two years of college or be enrolled in or accepted to a graduate program with a focus in social work, community policy, law, education, or any other relative field addressing social justice issues.
Applicants must timely complete the below application and submit the following:
- An up-to-date school transcript
- A written statement from the applicant as to how financial support will assist them in pursuing opportunities and leading in their field of social justice.
- A personal statement (500 words max.) as prompted.
- An essay (1000 words max.) that addresses one of the prompts listed below.
Applicants cannot be a past recipient of a Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE Social Justice Scholarship.
Applicants cannot be a past or present client of Freidin Brown, P.A.
Personal Statement Prompt:
Please Enter/Upload a personal statement discussing who you are, why you are applying for a Social Justice Scholarship, and how you hope to use your education to fight social injustices. (500 words or less)
- How do you hope to use your law or graduate degree to change the world for the LGBTQ community and how would this scholarship towards your tuition change your world?
- What does Social Justice mean to you and why do you think it is important to stand up for your community?
- Show us how you translate ideas into action. Present an LGBTQ social justice issue as a statement of a problem and a proposed project that would address this problem.
- If you could resolve one area of social injustice that the LGBTQ community faces, what would it be and how would you accomplish it?
- Discuss a past experience where you encountered an injustice, how you responded, and the impact that it had on your professional goals.
- In what way has your experience as a social justice advocate affected your perception of our legal system and how has it motivated your actions and community involvement as a leader?
- Profile an LGBTQ activist in your community. Discuss one of their initiatives that has inspired you and one initiative that you would have executed differently.
- Address a legislative initiative in your community that impacts the LGBTQ population.
About Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE
Freidin Brown, P.A. is a Miami-based law firm that focuses on medical negligence, complex personal injury, and whistleblower cases throughout Florida and the United States. With over a century of combined experience, our lawyers have dedicated their careers to obtaining justice for their clients. By collaborating with SAVE on the Social Justice Scholarships, the entire family at Freidin Brown, P.A. hopes to promote equality and social justice throughout our community.
Established in 1993, SAVE is Florida’s first grassroots LGBTQ advocacy organization. Their mission is to promote, protect, and defend equality for persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and fighting discrimination against the LGBTQ community. SAVE Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on laying the educational groundwork that leads to policy change both within the LGBTQ community and South Florida at large.
For any questions regarding the scholarship or application requirements, please contact Justin Troncoso at email@example.com.