Jonathan joined the firm in 2014 after a two-year federal clerkship with the Hon. Donald M. Middlebrooks in the Southern District of Florida. While clerking, Jonathan worked on various types of cases from start to finish, including actions for patent infringement, tort liability, employment discrimination, civil rights violations, and fraud. He also worked on several cases on the appellate level when Judge Middlebrooks sat by designation on the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jonathan graduated summa cum laude from the George Washington University in 2009. During college, Jonathan earned the Presidential Merit Scholarship and was appointed as a Student Justice on the university's disciplinary court.
After college, Jonathan returned to Florida and received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2012. During law school, Jonathan was an editor on the Florida Law Review and worked as Certified Legal Intern at the Public Defender's Office, where he represented indigent clients in court. Jonathan also served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Alan Gold in the Southern District of Florida. He received the book award for the highest grade in both Appellate Advocacy and Child, Parent, & the State, and held a position as a Teaching Assistant for Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy.
Achievements & Community Involvement
Since joining the firm, Jonathan has become an integral part of the Freidin Brown trial team. In 2016, Jonathan earned the prestigious AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, and was nominated by his peers to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida” list.
Jonathan’s community involvement includes serving on the Board of Directors of SAVE, South Florida’s leading organization dedicated to protecting the rights of the LGBT community. Jonathan also spearheads all of Freidin Brown, P.A.’s philanthropic efforts.
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2014
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2018
University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. cum laude - 2012
- Law Review: Florida Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor, 2010 - 2012
The George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. summa cum laude - 2009
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Miami Beach Bar Association
- SAVE Guardian
- Gay & Lesbian Lawyers Network (GLLN)
- Gay and Lesbian Lawyers Association of South Florida (GALLA)
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, Law Clerk to the Hon. Donald M. Middlebrooks, 2012 - 2014
- Presenter, “Dealing with Daubert and Frye in State Court Actions in Florida in 2018”, Florida Justice Association’s Workhorse Seminar (March 2018).
Guest Lecturer, Legal Research & Writing/Appellate Advocacy, University of Florida Levin College of Law (April 2018)