Top Hospitals in Miami and South Florida
When you’re informed by your physician that you need to choose a hospital for treatment, procedure, or other care for a medical condition, you’ll probably be overwhelmed with the number of options. You could request references and talk to loved ones, but there are other ways to find the right fit for your circumstances. The annual publication, US News & World Report Best Hospitals Miami and South Florida, is one trusted resource that recognizes excellence by specialty and overall criteria.
Even with the top health care facilities in the US, there are no guarantees regarding care, so you should talk to a Florida medical malpractice lawyer if you have concerns. However, you’re in a better position to make informed choices when you know the details.
Best Overall Hospitals Around Miami: In this category, U.S. News evaluates information on nearly 5,000 hospitals across multiple specialties, procedures, and pediatric specializations. The patient experience and nurse staffing are included in the assessment. According to the report, the best overall facilities in South Florida include:
- Cleveland Clinic Florida: Ranking #17 in the US for gastroenterology and GI surgery, and highly rated in other categories, this facility earned top honors for the best hospital in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area. It also performed well in key areas, including aneurysm repair, heart disease, and hip and knee replacements.
- University of Miami Hospitals and Health Clinics: This facility was ranked as #9 in all of South Florida and #3 in Miami, especially for high performance in geriatric and pulmonary surgery specialties.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: Quality stands behind the name of this well-known hospital, which boasts high honors in three adult specialties and five procedures and/or conditions.
Top South Florida Hospitals by Specialty: The analysis of the best facilities in this category starts with a list of 16 specialty areas, including cancer, cardiology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, and several others. Of these, 12 rankings are derived from data; the remaining are based upon opinions from medical experts. By specialty, the best hospitals in the Miami area include:
- Baptist Hospital of Miami: This center is nationally ranked for orthopedics, but also performs well for such procedures as colon cancer and heart bypass surgery.
- Memorial Regional Hospital: If you’re seeking top medical care through for certain pediatric medical conditions, you may consider this facility in Hollywood, FL. It’s a high performer for pediatric orthopedics and possesses a high level of nurse staffing.
- Cleveland Clinic Florida: It ranks within the best overall, but is also listed for having five key specialty groups and nine condition/procedure areas.
A Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Assist with Your Claim
Knowing the best hospitals around South Florida gives you confidence and peace of mind when choosing a facility, but medical malpractice can occur even in elite facilities. At Freidin Brown, P.A., we have represented multiple clients against each one of these facilities – proving the point that medical negligence can happen anywhere. If you’ve been affected by a medical error, Florida law provides you with rights. Our Florida medical malpractice lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. can tell you more about them, so please contact us to discuss your case. We can set up a no-cost consultation at our offices in Miami or Fort Myers.