Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have been injured at the hands of a negligent medical professional, the Miami medical malpractice lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. are here to provide you with the strong legal representation you need. When you entrust your health to a doctor, the last thing on your mind is the possibility of being harmed. When this happens, it is essential for you to take legal action. Depending on the complications you experience, you may need extensive medical attention, which could be costly. Call our experienced Florida medical malpractice lawyers today for a free consultation.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
With over 100 years of experience, our team has the insight and resources to handle all types of medical malpractice cases – no matter what type of healthcare setting you were injured in or what type of professional caused you harm.
- Anesthesia Error
- Aortic Dissection
- Birth Injury
- Doctor Error
- Emergency Room Error
- Failure To Diagnose Cancer
- Failure To Diagnose Stroke
- Hospital Error
- Hospital Negligence
- Laboratory Error
- Ludwig’s Angina
- Medication Error
- Nursing Error
- Preventable Suicide
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Sepsis & Septic Shock
- Surgery Complication
- Surgical Error
Understanding Medical Malpractice & Your Rights
Health care providers are obligated to treat patients according to a certain standard of care. When they fail to do so, as a result of negligence or some wrongful act, patients face increased risks of suffering harm. In the event a patient does suffer harm due to a medical professional’s negligence, the at-fault health care provider can be held responsible for any damages that result. As an injured victim of medical malpractice, you have the right to bring legal action against the party that harmed you, whether it be a doctor, nurse, or other type of health care provider.
These lawsuits, or medical malpractice claims, can allow you to recover damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Additional medical expenses
- Lost work wages & reduced earning capacity
- Mental and emotional injuries
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Loss of qualify of life / companionship
- Death benefits in the event of wrongful death
Medical malpractice claims are complex because they involve highly technical medical and legal facts. Because health care providers are also heavily insured, these claims can be contested aggressively by companies that put profits over people, and want only to deny or minimize your compensation. As such, working with a skilled medical malpractice lawyer in Florida can make all the difference in your case.
Experienced. Dedicated. Passionate.
Our firm has 100 years of collective experience in handling all kinds of personal injury cases, including the most complex. Our dedication is evident in everything we do, from our hands-on approach to our client-focused strategies. We are passionate advocates for the negligently injured, which is why we let nothing stand in our way when protecting their rights. We are not afraid to stand up to hospitals and we are not intimidated by medical professionals. We can consult with medical experts in order to fully investigate your medical malpractice case to determine what happened and who should be held liable.
- We have over 100+ years of collective experience
- We have won over 20 verdicts in excess of $1 million
- Our team includes two board-certified civil trial specialists
- We have tried over 300 injury cases in front of a jury
- No recovery, no fee – you don’t pay unless we win
Our Miami medical malpractice lawyers can help you pursue financial compensation by filing an injury claim against the negligent hospital or medical professional. Over the years, we have recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients.
Florida Medical Malpractice Video FAQ
View some of our Florida medical malpractice videos below or visit our Florida medical malpractice FAQ page.
- Are there time limits to sue for injuries in a Florida medical malpractice case?
- Can any attorney handle a Florida medical malpractice case?
- Can I receive damages for pain and suffering in a Florida medical malpractice case?
- Can I sue for medical malpractice if a family member dies as a result of the malpractice?
- Do I need an attorney for my Florida medical malpractice case?
- Does a bad outcome from a doctor mean that medical malpractice has occurred?
- How difficult will it be to win my Florida medical malpractice case?
- How do I get my medical records to support my medical malpractice case?
- How does the statute of limitations affect the deadline for filing a medical malpractice case when the victim dies from the medical malpractice?
- How much will it cost to hire an attorney for my Florida medical malpractice case?
- If my doctor was negligent, does that mean I will win my medical malpractice case?
- Is a misdiagnosis considered medical malpractice?
- What are some examples of medical malpractice?
- What do I need to prove to win my Florida medical malpractice case?
- What is a wrongful death medical malpractice claim?
- Who can be sued in a Florida medical malpractice case?
- Who is liable for damages in my Florida medical malpractice case?
- Will I have to pay back my health insurance company if I receive damages in my Florida medical malpractice case?
- Will I need expert witnesses for my Florida medical malpractice case?
- Will my Florida medical malpractice case settle out of court?
Experienced Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers Delivering Personalized Legal Attention
Our Miami medical malpractice lawyers deliver personalized legal attention to each client we represent. We never lose sight of the fact that the outcomes we achieve could change a person’s life for the better. This is why we work relentlessly toward securing maximum compensation for our clients. Under our contingency fee policy, our firm does not charge out-of-pocket legal fees unless we secure compensation for our clients.