Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have been injured at the hands of a negligent medical professional, the Miami medical malpractice lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. are here to provide you with the strong legal representation you need when you’re standing up to medical facilities and their powerful insurance companies.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Medical Malpractice Case?
In Miami, medical malpractice victims have the right to pursue financial compensation for the full value of their damages, including out-of-pocket losses and intangible harm.
Sadly, the big insurance companies that handle medical malpractice claims are among the most aggressive. They fight hard to limit their liability and minimize the compensation paid to victims and their families.
At Freidin Brown, P.A., our Miami medical malpractice attorneys know how to get results. You deserve full and fair financial compensation for your damages. These lawsuits, or medical malpractice claims, can allow you to recover damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Additional medical expenses
- Lost work wages & reduced earning capacity
- Mental and emotional injuries
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life / companionship
- Death benefits in the event of wrongful death
Who You Can Sue for Medical Malpractice in Miami, Florida
If you are injured due to medical malpractice, potential parties our personal injury attorneys in Miami may be able to hold liable for compensation include:
- Treating physician(s) – Doctors directly responsible for the negligent care that caused the injury
- Nurses and physician assistants – Nurses or PAs involved in the improper treatment
- Hospitals – Hospitals that employed the negligent healthcare providers can be held vicariously liable
- Clinics – Similarly, clinics, practices, surgery centers liable for doctors’ negligence
- Anesthesiologists – Anesthesia errors before/during surgery may be grounds to sue anesthesiologists
- Medical technicians – Lab techs, radiologists, phlebotomists and other technicians who caused injury
- Medical product manufacturers – Makers of defective devices, pharmaceuticals or equipment may be liable
- Third-party contractors – Contracted service providers like ambulance companies can share liability if negligent
- Relevant specialists – Other specialists who failed to provide proper guidance may bear liability
Identifying each entity involved in the negligent medical treatment leading to the injury is important for determining all potential liable parties that could justly provide compensation.
How Much Can You Sue For Malpractice in Miami?
Damage caps in Florida medical malpractice claims are complicated. State laws differentiate between “medical practitioner” defendants and “non-practitioner” defendants in these cases. According to Fla. Stat. § 766.118, in most medical malpractice cases, the damage cap is set at $500,000.
What Is the Average Settlement for Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Miami
There is no average settlement amount you can expect to settle for in medical malpractice claims in Miami because the specifics of each case will greatly vary. The average claim in Florida is $210,000, but you may get a court award or settlement for much more or much less.
The best way to find out how much your medical malpractice claim may be worth is to get a consultation with us so we can review your case.
What are Your Rights as a Victim of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice occurs when a patient suffers harm because they receive substandard care from a medical provider. To be clear, a bad outcome is not always medical malpractice.
In order to bring a successful claim under Florida, a plaintiff (patient) must prove that they suffered an illness, injury, or other medical complications as a result of the subpar treatment that they received. Health care providers are obligated to treat patients according to a certain standard of care.
As an injured victim of medical malpractice, you have the right to bring legal action against the party that harmed you, whether it be a doctor, nurse, or other type of health care provider.
Choose Freidin Brown Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers for Your Case
Our firm has 100 years of collective experience in handling all kinds of personal injury cases, including the most complex. Our dedication is evident in everything we do, from our hands-on approach to our client-focused strategies.
We are passionate advocates for the injured, which is why we let nothing stand in our way when protecting your rights. We are not afraid to stand up to hospitals, and we are not intimidated by medical professionals. We can consult with medical experts in order to fully investigate your medical malpractice case to determine what happened and who should be held liable.
- We have over 100+ years of collective experience
- We have won over 20 verdicts in excess of $1 million
- Our team includes two board-certified civil trial specialists
- We have tried over 300 injury cases in front of a jury
- No recovery, no fee – you don’t pay unless we win
Our Miami medical malpractice attorneys can help you pursue financial compensation by filing an injury claim against the negligent hospital or medical professional. Over the years, we have recovered hundreds of millions in compensation for our clients.
Get a Free Consultation With a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Miami
At Freidin Brown, our medical malpractice lawyers in Miami deliver personalized legal attention to each client we represent. We never lose sight of the fact that the outcomes we achieve could change your life for the better. This is why we work relentlessly toward securing maximum compensation for our clients.
Working with a skilled medical malpractice lawyer in Miami can make all the difference in your case. We know how to hold the big insurance companies accountable for paying claims.
We don’t believe your current financial situation should determine whether or not you can seek justice after medical negligence. Under our contingency fee policy, our firm does not charge out-of-pocket legal fees unless we secure a settlement or court award. This means you can file a claim, even if you don’t have the funds to pay lawyer fees right now.
If you or your loved one was the victim of medical negligence, we are here to help your family get justice and full financial support. To set up a free, no obligation medical malpractice consultation, please give us a call or contact us online.