Aventura Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Did You Suffer Malpractice at Aventura Hospital & Medical Center?
If you are an injured victim of medical malpractice, it is your right to bring those responsible for your injuries to justice for subjecting you to suffering and harm. Freidin Brown, P.A. has over a century of collective legal experience, and our legal team has the insight and resources to guide you through any type of medical malpractice case.
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, part of the HCA hospital system, is not immune to lawsuits and complaints of medical malpractice. With average and even low ratings for key procedures like heart bypass surgery and prostate cancer surgery, you may have been a victim of negligence.
We offer personalized, attentive representation that our competitors on local billboards cannot. We are selective in accepting cases, which guarantees your case will receive the attention it deserves. Call Freidin Brown, P.A. today at 888-677-7764 for your free consultation.
Recoverable Damages in a Medical Malpractice Case Against Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Freidin Brown, P.A. has earned a reputation for securing substantial financial recoveries. Medical malpractice can cause severe, long-term injuries and even death. Our firm fights relentlessly for the entire financial recovery our clients deserve, as evidenced by our proven track record of successful verdicts in Florida malpractice cases.
Our attorneys, led by founder Philip Freidin, who oversees every case we handle, will identify and value your recoverable damages, which may include:
- The cost of negligent medical care: Aventura Hospital should not profit from negligent medical care. We’ll work to ensure you don’t have to pay for harmful care.
- The cost of avoidable medical care: If you need additional medical services because of Aventura Health’s negligence, we’ll include those expenses in your case.
- Professional damages: Our lawyers will seek compensation for lost income, diminished earning power, and any other professional damages resulting from medical malpractice.
- Pain and suffering: You could receive compensation for physical pain, emotional or psychological injuries, and other pain and suffering.
As our record of recoveries indicates, we account for every loss our clients have. We’ll fight for your total financial recovery.
Our Florida Hospital Medical Malpractice Claim Results
Our Florida medical malpractice lawyers will fight hard to get you the maximum compensation in your claim. These are some of the results we’ve achieved for our clients who have filed medical malpractice claims:
- Medical malpractice lawyer Philip Freidin and his co-counsel secured a $38,000,000 verdict on behalf of premature twin baby boys who were left blind after a doctor’s failure to properly screen and diagnose them.
- The team at Freidin Brown, P.A., secured a $12.7 million verdict on behalf of a five-year-old child who sustained a brain injury due to a doctor’s negligence.
- Medical malpractice attorney Jonathan Freidin and paralegal Natalia Diaz secured a $9,750,000 settlement for a mother who suffered an ischemic stroke after a cesarean delivery.
Our medical malpractice case results show our dedication to our clients. How much is your Aventura hospital medical malpractice claim worth? The results in your case will depend on a number of factors, such as the amount of your damages and the seriousness of your injuries.
Freidin Brown, P.A. Handles a Wide Range of Medical Malpractice Cases
Some of the many medical malpractice cases we handle include:
- Surgical errors
- Hospital errors
- Prescription errors
- Anesthesia errors
These claims are often quite complex, given the technical medical and legal facts they involve. That is why working with a professional medical malpractice lawyer in Florida is crucial to the outcome of your case.
Our legal team will lead every step of your case, allowing you to focus on your physical, psychological, and emotional recovery.
We Seek Fair Compensation for Fatal Malpractice Cases Against Aventura Hospital
If your loved one passed away because of Aventura Hospital’s negligence, we will demand the justice you and your deceased loved one deserve. Missed diagnoses, surgical errors, and other types of malpractice can be fatal, and resulting damages may include:
- Your pain and suffering
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- The cost of grief-related treatment
- Lost financial support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of the decedent’s household contributions
No case is more trying than a wrongful death case. Let our firm handle your legal case so you can grieve and focus on your loved ones.
What You Can Expect During a Medical Malpractice Claim
If you’re wondering whether you should file a medical malpractice claim, it may be because you aren’t sure what to expect from the process. You may already be struggling to cope with your injuries and unsure whether or not you can handle the pressure of the claims process. We take the pressure off of you by handling every aspect of your legal claim so you can focus on healing.
Here’s what victims can expect if pursuing a medical malpractice claim. Not every case will be exactly the same, but these are the general steps involved:
- Investigation: Your attorney will thoroughly investigate what happened by interviewing you, reviewing medical records, consulting experts to assess negligence.
- Medical examination: In Florida, you are legally required to submit to a physical examination if the insurance company requests it as part of the investigation.
- Case development: Your lawyer will work to prove liability, causation between the negligence and your harms, and quantify all damages related to the malpractice.
- Settlement negotiation: Your attorney may first attempt negotiating with the provider’s insurer to settle out of court for fair compensation.
- Litigation: If a satisfactory settlement isn’t reached, your lawyer may file a medical malpractice lawsuit to continue pursuing your claim in court.
- Discovery: You’ll respond to information requests and questioning from defense attorneys during the evidence collection process.
- Expert witnesses: Medical and other expert witnesses will likely be retained to substantiate negligence and damages.
- Court trial: If a settlement isn’t reached before trial, your case will go before a judge or jury who determines if malpractice occurred.
- Appeal: An unfavorable verdict can potentially be appealed to a higher court.
We want to put your fears at ease and let you know you will be in good hands when you choose Freidin Brown to represent you. Our Aventura Hospital medical malpractice lawyers offer no-pressure, no-obligation consultations to help you make decisions about how to move forward.
A Proven Track Record of Success Backs the Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Freidin Brown, P.A.
If you’re the victim of medical malpractice by Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, Freidin Brown, P.A. has handled many cases like yours. We have tried over 300 cases in front of a jury and obtained over 20 verdicts of more than $1 million on behalf of our clients.
Our clients trust Freidin Brown, P.A. to lead their medical malpractice cases because:
- We offer unrivaled client service: Law firms you see on billboards typically have an impersonal, corporate feel. A single attorney may juggle 200 or more cases at a single time. Freidin Brown, P.A. does things differently. Our attorneys have limited caseloads, and each client receives attention that shows how valuable their case is to us. When it comes to leading medical malpractice cases, we value quality over quantity.
- We accept cases selectively, ensuring each of our clients receives our full attention: Many competitors accept virtually any case that comes their way. Our firm, on the other hand, seeks out clients who truly need our help. Because we limit the number of cases we accept, you can be certain your case against Aventura Health will be a priority.
- Our case results inspire confidence: We have won significant case results against large medical institutions. Seeking compensation from Aventura Hospital & Medical Center won’t be intimidating to our lawyers. We’ve taken on defendants with substantial resources before and are ready to do it again.
- We work directly with medical professionals: Our team relies on knowledgeable medical professionals. These experts may help us prove that Aventura Hospital & Medical Center was negligent and that its negligence entitles you to compensation.
- We’re willing to go to trial: With more than 300 jury trials under our belt, Freidin Brown, P.A.’s lawyers are more than comfortable in a courtroom. If your case requires a trial, you’ve come to the right firm for help.
Attorney Philip Freidin takes a personal stake in every case. When you hire Freidin Brown, P.A., you work with a dedicated team of proven legal professionals. We treat you like family, not like just another case. Not every firm can say that.
Aventura Hospital Medical Malpractice Claim FAQs
How long do I have to sue Aventura Hospital?
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, you typically have two years to take legal action. This window of time begins from the day of the incident, although exceptions can apply to this deadline. Complex medical malpractice laws and a short statute of limitations can be intimidating for victims of medical malpractice, but don’t let that hold you back from calling our firm.
We can review your case to determine if the statute of limitations is still open or if anything might possibly shorten or extend your deadline.
How do I sue for medical malpractice against Aventura Hospital in Florida?
To file a medical malpractice claim against Aventura Hospital in Aventura, Florida, you will need to start by following these steps:
- Get a consultation with an experienced Aventura medical malpractice lawyer: We can determine if you have a valid claim and, if so, how much your damages could be worth.
- Gather your medical records and accident-related bills: It’s best if you bring copies of your medical record and any bills associated with your accident. We can help you get your medical records, if necessary.
- Get an expert medical opinion: In Florida, you will be required by law to get an expert medical opinion before you can file a medical malpractice lawsuit. They will give you an affidavit that states the defendant’s actions deviated from the standard of care and caused your injuries.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice In Florida?
In Florida, medical malpractice takes place when a healthcare provider or facility’s actions or inactions deviate from the standard of care, this leads to an injury, and the injury results in damages. Some acts that can constitute medical malpractice include:
- Surgical errors: Medical professionals may perform the incorrect procedure or leave foreign objects behind, and we aim to hold them responsible for such negligence.
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose: This can occur with many conditions, but we often see clients with misdiagnosed cancers or strokes, and this can prove to be fatal.
- Medication errors: Giving a patient the wrong medication or the wrong dosage can be quite serious, resulting in severe reactions and even death. Some medications could even make an existing illness or condition worse.
- Birth injuries: Babies and their parents deserve the best care and attention, but negligent doctors, nurses, and other professionals could mean a lifetime of pain or expenses.
- Anesthesia errors: Anesthesia is an important aspect of medicine, but careless medical professionals who fail to uphold the standard of care can kill or severely hurt patients who put their trust in the wrong hands.
- Failure to obtain informed consent: This type of malpractice could mean that the hospital employees did not fully inform you of the risks of the surgery or treatment.
- Negligent post-operative care: Hospital and professional negligence can happen even after an operation. Sepsis and other conditions could be signs of post-surgery errors.
It’s important to note that medical malpractice cases can be highly complex, and establishing each of these elements requires a thorough investigation, expert testimony, and strong legal representation.
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center Has Developed a Reputation for Negligence
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center has some of the lowest consumer report ratings as of 2023, and previous allegations of medical malpractice mar its reputation.
For example, in 2006, a patient was allegedly administered pain medication following gallbladder surgery and was left unattended, during which time she suffered a hypoxic brain injury. After a 45-day coma, the patient woke up as a quadriplegic. Her case resulted in a $5.85 million award for medical expenses and $1.5 million for pain and suffering.
Call Us Today for Help From an Aventura Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyer
We entrust our health to medical professionals, but their negligence often betrays this trust. Our firm will pursue the compensation you deserve to ensure your recovery and future medical expenses are not a financial burden to you.
We operate on a contingency fee basis, so we will not charge you any out-of-pocket legal fees unless we secure compensation for you. You focus on recovery, and we will focus on winning your case. Call Freidin Brown, P.A. today at 888-677-7764 for a free consultation about hiring an Aventura Hospital medical malpractice lawyer from our team.