Florida Birth Injury Lawyer
Words cannot describe your grief if your child suffered an injury due to a mistake made during pregnancy or delivery. However, our Florida birth injury lawyers can fight for justice for you and your child.
Our medical malpractice lawyers seek damages to help pay for your child’s care and support and your losses stemming from their injuries. Doctors, nurses, hospitals—whoever was responsible, we fight to have them acknowledge the harm they caused you.
What Sets Our Florida Birth Injury Attorneys Apart from Other Firms?
Our team has decades of experience managing insurance claims and lawsuits involving medical errors. What distinguishes our firm from others who handle birth injuries is:
- Time: We dedicate time to you, listening to your story, explaining paths to compensation, answering questions, and discussing strategy.
- Attention: Our firm is selective about cases to ensure we are never too overloaded to give you the personal attention you deserve.
- Results: We have obtained over 20 verdicts that awarded over $1 million in damages thanks to the work of our trial-tested lawyers.
- Sensitivity: You and your child underwent an ordeal and are still processing it. So, we make sure to handle your case with respect and confidentiality.
- Resources: We can connect you with information, care, and outlets you need to get on the road to recovery.
What Experience Does Freidin Brown, P.A. Have with Birth Injuries?
- $38 million for blindness caused by lack of screening during pregnancy
- $9.75 million for a mother who suffered a stroke following preeclampsia
- $4.625 million for blindness caused by NICU failures
- $800,000 for prenatal injuries suffered by an infant
We don’t just have experience working on birth injury cases—we get results.
What Does It Cost to Get Legal Help for a Birth Injury?
With our team, it costs you nothing while we work on your case. Only if we successfully resolve your matter do we get paid. If we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing.
What Can Our Birth Injury Attorneys Do in Your Florida Case?
We can do a lot to help you. Our Florida injury attorneys:
- Investigate the circumstances of the birth injury to identify the liable party.
- Preserve evidence, including photos, witness testimony, and medical records.
- Regularly consult with nursing and medical professionals about your case.
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters, hospital representatives, and lawyers.
- Calculate your economic and noneconomic damages.
- Demand compensation that matches those losses.
- Handle all the paperwork required to file an insurance claim or malpractice suit.
- Prepare a case strategy for representing you in court.
With Freidin Brown, P.A., at least two lawyers oversee your case, and you can count on founder Philip Freidin to give your case his attention. No one gets put on the back burner at our firm.
What Birth Injury Damages Can We Seek for You?
We will go after whatever damages make your family whole again or provide closure following this injury. That can include compensation for:
- Medical care resulting from the injury
- Ongoing long-term care to treat the consequences of the mistake
- Supplies and equipment like medication or wheelchairs
- Changes to your home or vehicle to accommodate an injury or disability
- Physical, occupational, or speech therapy to help your child recover
- Income you’ve lost while dealing with the injury
- Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life
- Disability and disfigurement
Doctors can correct some birth injuries. Unfortunately, others are a permanent consequence of someone’s error. In either case, you deserve appropriate damages, and we can obtain the proof needed to argue for it by utilizing medical records, bills, and expert testimony. Our attorneys can also review facts about damages in Florida medical malpractice cases.
What Birth Injuries Deserve Damages?
We have handled cases involving the following birth injuries and injuries the mother suffered before or during childbirth:
- Cerebral palsy
- Bell’s palsy
- Nerve injuries
- Brain injuries
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Shoulder dystocia
- Meconium aspiration
- Infections such as herpes or sepsis
- Retinal detachment
- Retinopathy of prematurity
Who Can Our Birth Injury Lawyers Pursue for Damages in Florida?
Our Florida medical errors attorneys will reconstruct everything that led up to the incident, flagging any parties who should have made a different decision to adhere to a reasonable standard of care.
Examples of negligence that could make someone liable include:
- Medication and dosage errors
- Failing to take a medical history
- Not monitoring the mother or child
- Failing to screen for specific conditions
- Improperly using forceps or a vacuum extractor
- Surgical mistakes
- Taking too long or failing to perform a C-section
- Misdiagnosis, late diagnosis, or failure to diagnose
For example, an obstetrician can perform essential prenatal screenings and tests to help keep you or your baby safe. If someone fails to perform these tests, take other precautions, act promptly, or perform correctly, they might be liable for your child’s birth injury.
Doctors, nurses, surgeons, and specialists might have failed you and your child, causing injury.
Technicians, receptionists, and administrators could have made a mistake in your case. For instance, filing errors might seem minor but could end up causing birth injuries.
Our Florida infant injury attorneys can check whether a hospital, doctor’s office, or healthcare facility shares liability in your case.
What Is the Deadline for a Birth Injury Case in Florida?
There is a statute of limitations for Florida birth injury cases—generally two years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(c). The clock starts when the incident that caused the injury occurred or when you discovered your child’s injury.
However, despite the statute of limitations, the timeline of your case isn’t a sure thing, so check with our medical negligence lawyers to verify.
Don’t Let Medical Professionals Bully You After a Birth Injury
Negligent parties in medical malpractice are known for overwhelming victims with technicalities and specialized language to avoid responsibility. The team at Freidin Brown, P.A., won’t allow them to intimidate you. Contact our Florida birth injury lawyers today to get help with holding healthcare professionals accountable for their negligence. The call is free!