West Palm Beach Medication Error Lawyer
When you are suffering from an illness, condition, or injury, you will likely see a doctor to receive treatment. You have a right to trust your doctor, and to trust that the medication will help you and not make you worse. Unfortunately, medication errors are very common in West Palm Beach and throughout all of Florida. When they occur and you suffer harm as a result, you can file a medical malpractice claim against the liable party. Our West Palm Beach medication error lawyer can provide the sound legal advice you need and help you obtain the full damages you are entitled to.
Common Medication Errors in West Palm Beach
It may seem as though a medication error could never occur. Unfortunately, they are much more common than people think. Some of the most common medication errors in West Palm Beach include:
- Incorrect prescriptions: When a doctor does not prescribe the right prescription, it can have catastrophic results. The medication prescribed will not properly treat the condition the patient is suffering from. The medication may also have side effects that make the initial condition worse.
- Pharmaceutical mistakes: Doctors are not always to blame for medication errors. Sometimes, a physician may prescribe the appropriate medication, but the pharmacist fills the prescription with the incorrect drug.
- Improper dosage: It is imperative that patients are prescribed the proper dosage of medication. Too little, and it may not treat their condition. Too much, and the patient could suffer serious harm. Unfortunately, doctors and pharmacists both sometimes make a mistake and prescribe or dispense the wrong dosage.
- Improper administration: Different drugs are administered differently. Sometimes, a healthcare professional has to inject a medicine to administer it, but they may inject it into the vein instead of the muscle. Or, a healthcare professional may not administer medication at the right time.
- Labeling mistakes: The label on a bottle of medication is very important. The label tells patients how much of a medication to take, when to take it, and how to take it. When a label does not include the proper information, patients can suffer serious harm.
How Do Medication Errors Occur?
There are many different ways medication errors occur. The most common include:
- Using precautionary and safety standards that are outdated
- Understaffed pharmacies
- System errors
- Illegible handwriting
Unfortunately, the above are just a few acts of medical negligence that result in medication errors. Determining who is liable, or at fault, when they occur is not easy, as injuries could be caused by doctors, pharmacists, and even hospitals. Anyone who has been hurt by a medication error should speak to a lawyer who can handle every part of a claim, including determining who is liable.
Our Medication Error Lawyer in West Palm Beach Can Help if You are Hurt
If you have become hurt or your injuries have become worse due to medical negligence, our West Palm Beach medication error lawyer can help. At Freidin Brown, P.A., our seasoned attorneys have seen the catastrophic results of medication errors, and we are dedicated to helping patients make things right. We want to help you, too. Call us now at 888-677-7764 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation.