Tampa Medication Error Lawyer
Modern medicine has saved countless lives and enabled countless others to achieve a degree of health that would have otherwise been impossible. However, when given in the wrong dose or to a patient who should not have received a certain type of prescription in the first place, medication errors can lead to severe health consequences for patients at hospitals, doctor’s offices, medical clinics, and other healthcare providers. You have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party if this happened to you or a loved one. The Tampa medication error lawyers here at the Freidin Brown, P.A. will fight for your rights when it comes to fair compensation for your injuries.
Examples of Medication Errors
- Prescribing a patient the wrong medication
- Prescribing or administering too much or too little medication
- Administering a medication to the wrong patient
- Administering medication incorrectly
- Prescribing a medication that the patient is allergic to
- Prescribing a medication that interferes with another type of medication the patient is currently taking
- Failure to warn the patient about potential side effects of the medication
Potential Defendants in a Medication Malpractice Claim
- Physicians—Doctors may prescribe the wrong medication or the wrong dose for a variety of reasons. Maybe they have too many patients to keep track of. Maybe their mind slipped in the moment. Maybe they are simply incompetent. Whatever the reason, doctors can be held accountable for their medication errors.
- Nurses—A doctor may prescribe the correct medication and the correct dose, and leave all necessary information for a nurse to administer the medication as needed, but if a nurse makes a mistake along the way, they can be at fault. It is not uncommon for a nurse to administer a medication incorrectly (such as injecting into the bloodstream vs. the muscle), administer the wrong medication, give the wrong amount, or administer a medication to the incorrect patient.
- Pharmacists—Pharmacists can be at-fault in medication injuries if they fill a prescription incorrectly, give incorrect directions to the patient, or fail to notice that the patient is taking another medication that could interfere with the new prescription.
- Drug Manufacturers—Drug manufacturers can be found liable if the drug is dangerous or defective, or if the medication is labeled incorrectly or does not have necessary warnings.
Call a Tampa Medication Error Lawyer Today
Medication error malpractice claims can seek damages relating to medical expenses, ongoing or future cost of care, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of joy of life, loss of consortium, lost lifetime earnings or lost earning ability, and more. A Tampa medication error lawyer can file the claim and lawsuit for you, negotiate a settlement, and, if needed, take the matter to court before a judge and jury if a settlement cannot be reached. Here at Freidin Brown, P.A., we have been taking on negligent doctors, hospitals, and other medical providers for more than 45 years, and are confident in our ability to achieve your objectives. Call our Tampa medication error lawyers today at 866-511-3321 to schedule a free consultation.