Stuart Medical Malpractice Lawyer
You may be generally aware that medical malpractice is a serious problem in Florida and throughout the US, but recent findings on the topic reveal that errors are much more common than you think. Researchers at Johns Hopkins Medicine reported that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US every year, falling behind heart disease and cancer. More than 250,000 patients die because of health care provider negligence in diagnosis and treatment, and the true figures may be higher due to issues in reporting.
Our attorneys at Freidin Brown, P.A. understand that you may be overwhelmed as the victim of medical malpractice, especially when you don’t know where to begin with enforcing your rights. You can trust our team to take on the legal challenges involved with these cases, including dealings with an insurance company and going to court to get compensation for your losses. Please contact our office to schedule a no-cost case assessment with a Stuart medical malpractice lawyer who can provide details, but some general information may also be useful.
How Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Work
Most of these cases proceed under a theory of liability that holds health care providers responsible for negligent acts. You must prove four sets of facts to succeed in such a claim:
- You must show existence of a duty by the physician, which usually arises out of the patient-doctor relationship;
- There’s an applicable standard of care under Florida law, so you’ll have to prove how the practitioner deviated from it when treating you;
- You’ll need to establish a link between the breach of the standard of care and your medical malpractice injuries; and,
- You need to prove that you sustained losses because of the harm you suffered.
Our Focus is Medical Malpractice Cases
At Freidin Brown, P.A., our Stuart medical malpractice lawyers have a specific emphasis representing victims of medical errors by health care providers. We will advocate to get you the top compensation allowed by law, which may include medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, diminished quality of life, and more. Contact us right away if you were harmed by:
- Surgical errors, including operating on the wrong person or body part;
- Mistakes in providing prenatal care or during delivery, leading to birth injuries;
- Failure to diagnose heart attack, stroke, or other medical conditions;
- Misdiagnosis of cancer, such as a false-positive or delayed diagnosis;
- Hospital negligence;
- Errors that lead to infection, sepsis, or septic shock; or,
- Any other type of medical negligence.
Discuss Your Legal Options with a Stuart Medical Malpractice Lawyer
As you can see, Florida medical malpractice claims are highly complex, so it’s wise to count on our team at Freidin Brown, P.A. to protect your interests. To learn more about your rights and remedies, please contact our offices in Miami or Fort Myers to set up a free consultation with one of our Stuart medical malpractice lawyers. We can advise you on potential strategies after reviewing your circumstances.