Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE Social Justice Scholarships
The Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE Social Justice Scholarships provide financial support to LGBTQ and allied college and graduate students throughout South Florida who strive to lead in a field of Social Justice. By offering $25,000 in needed financial support, Freidin Brown, P.A. and SAVE hope to give tomorrow’s social justice leaders the tools they need to excel.
We will provide financial assistance to up to four (4) applicants, distributing $25,000, as follows:
- One (1) Scholarship for $10,000
- Three (3) Scholarships for $5,000
Application Deadline: Friday, August 9th 2019
Finalists will be requested to join us for a brief interview before winners are announced.
Winners of the scholarship will be announced in mid-September.
The Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE Social Justice Scholarships provide financial support to LGBTQ and allied students who have completed at least two years of college or are current or prospective graduate students, striving to leading in a field of Social Justice.
- Applicants must have a proven record of volunteer or leadership experience either within the LGBTQ community or within another field of Social Justice.
- Applicants must have completed at least two years of college or accepted to or currently enrolled in a graduate program with a focus in social work, community policy, law, education, or any other relative field addressing social justice issues.
- Applicant must timely complete the below application and submit the following:
- An up-to-date school transcript;
- Proof of financial need
- E.g., FASFA form, tax return, student loan receipt, or another official form indicating the need for financial support.
- A personal statement (500 words max.) as prompted below.
- An essay (1000 words max.) that addresses one of the prompts listed below
- Applicant cannot be a past or present client of Freidin Brown, P.A.
About Freidin Brown, P.A. & SAVE
Freidin Brown, P.A. is a Miami-based law firm that focuses on medical negligence, complex personal injury, and whistleblower cases throughout Florida and the United States. With over a century of combined experience, our lawyers have dedicated their careers to obtaining justice for their clients. By collaborating with SAVE on the Social Justice Scholarships, the entire family at Freidin Brown, P.A. hopes to promote equality and social justice throughout our community.
Established in 1993, SAVE is Florida’s first grassroots LGBTQ advocacy organization. Their mission is to promote, protect, and defend equality for persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and fighting discrimination against the LGBTQ community. SAVE and its education arm, the SAVE Foundation, help raise awareness about rights and protections for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. The SAVE Action PAC endorses local and statewide candidates seeking office who support its goals. Through this process, it educates candidates about the issues affecting the LGBTQ community.
For any questions regarding the scholarship or application requirements, please contact Caroline Venditti at firstname.lastname@example.org.