Miami Personal Injury Lawyer
Injured people in Miami have trusted Freidin Brown, P.A. with their personal injury cases for over 45 years. If you were hurt in an accident, talk to us about how we can give your case the same personalized representation that’s enabled us to achieve substantial client settlements for more than four decades.
Our Miami personal injury lawyers have the experience, skill, and reputation to get results that truly make a difference in your life. Join the Freidin Brown, P.A. family and let us tackle any obstacles standing between you and the compensation you need for your medical care, lost income, and pain and suffering. Call us now at 888-677-7764 to get started at no cost.
We’ve Recovered Millions for Personal Injury Clients With No Upfront Costs
Our firm charges nothing up front or out of pocket for representation. We take cases on contingency, meaning you don’t pay us a dime unless we win your case. We stand by our personal injury case results, which include:
- $5.8 million verdict for an auto accident victim who suffered a brain injury
- $5.5 million medical malpractice settlement
- $5.25 million jury award for the family of a man killed by a drunk driver
- $3.45 million settlement for a pedestrian accident victim
- $2.5 million for the family of a nursing home abuse/neglect victim
No case is too big or too small for our Miami personal injury attorneys. We even successfully obtained a $7 million jury verdict against hip-hop star 50 Cent for releasing our client’s private sex tape on the internet.
Decades Spent Fighting for the Rights of Injured People in Miami
Our Miami personal injury lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. have achieved countless verdicts and settlements for personal injuries, wrongful death, auto accidents, medical malpractice, and premises liability victims in counties throughout South Florida. There is no cost to speak with a member of our legal team about potentially pursuing a personal injury lawsuit, so please do not hesitate to call.
- We have 100+ years of collective legal experience.
- We have tried cases in front of a jury over 300 times.
- We have recovered millions of dollars for injured clients.
- Our team includes two board-certified civil trial experts.
- You don’t pay any legal fees unless we win your case.
We Handle Multiple Types of Personal Injury Cases in Miami
You can seek personal injury damages if someone else’s negligent, reckless, or wrongful actions harmed you or your property. You generally have two options for recovering your losses – a claim against the liable party’s insurance (e.g., auto, property, business, etc.) or a personal injury lawsuit.
In most cases, we will attempt to negotiate an advantageous insurance settlement. However, we will not back down from pursuing a lawsuit and taking your case to court if necessary. We have two Board Certified Civil Trial Attorneys on staff who have tried more than 300 cases before a jury. Our firm is ready to use this trial experience to your advantage—we know what it takes to fight back against insurers.
Our firm assists clients across Miami with personal injury claims involving:
- Medical malpractice: When the birth of a child turns into a nightmare because of the mistake of a health care professional, when a surgeon performs an improper procedure, when a doctor misdiagnoses a serious illness, when a nurse administers the wrong drug or dosage, or in any other instance of doctor error, hospital negligence, or medical mistake, we can help.
- Building collapse: The June 2021 collapse of the Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida is a tragic reminder of how dangerous a building collapse can be. Too many lives are destroyed when companies and organizations fail to take proper care to maintain a building. Our South Florida building collapse attorneys help victims and their families fight for justice, accountability, and compensation for their damages.
- Car and motorcycle accidents: It only takes one second to permanently change someone’s life. In a split second, a distracted driver, drunk driver, reckless driver, or driver who violates a traffic law can cause serious or even fatal injuries. At Freidin Brown, P.A., we can help you fight for the compensation you need and deserve if you have been injured in a serious car accident.
- Trucking accidents: Unsecured cargo, overloaded trucks, and fatigued and poorly trained truck drivers make Florida roadways dangerous for everyone else. Pursuing a truck accident claim requires a lawyer who is experienced in handling claims against insurance companies, trucking companies, and federal regulators. After a truck accident, you need our firm.
- Defective or dangerous products and devices: Product designers, manufacturers, and sellers have a duty to deliver products that are safe for consumers to use. When they fail to do so, our lawyers can help hold them accountable through a product liability lawsuit. Whether you were injured by a dangerous drug, a defective auto part, or a hazardous household appliance, we can help.
- Premises liability: In Florida, property owners are responsible for providing a reasonably safe environment for their visitors. If they fail to keep their premises safe, and someone is injured as a result, they can be held accountable through a premises liability lawsuit. Whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident or victim of a dog bite, our firm can help you seek justice.
Founding attorney Phil Freidin has represented plaintiffs in some of Florida’s most significant personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Governors, senators, Supreme Court justices, and—perhaps most importantly—fellow trial lawyers have all recognized his stature in the community. Phil’s success is also reflected in his reputation for honesty, integrity, and unique way of approaching legal conflicts with kindness and compromise—a way of practicing law that the team at Freidin Brown, P.A. will be sure to bring to your personal injury case.
You Get a Small-Firm Advantage With Big-Firm Resources When You Work With Us
Our Miami firm is devoted to you. As a boutique firm, we pride ourselves on the big-firm resources we devote to our cases while giving our clients the care and attention they deserve. We use cutting-edge technology in the courtroom and retain medical experts from some of the world’s best universities and teaching institutions. We also limit the number and types of cases we accept, allowing us to maximize results by providing our clients with experienced and focused legal representation.
Our clients are our priority. Here’s what a few have to say about working with us:
- “I have tremendous respect and appreciation for Phil Freidin. He is a powerful and kind lawyer. He has proven to me that he genuinely cares about his clients; however, he is a force to be reckoned with in the conference and court rooms.” – Barbara P.
- “Our family would like to extend a very gracious thanks to this awesome firm Freidin Brown PA. They worked exceptionally hard to ensure we received the best possible outcome and most of all we were always kept abreast and treated with dignity and respect throughout this tedious experience. Thanks Freidin and Brown for an outstanding service.” – T.A.
- “On behalf of my family I would love to thank Jonathan, Phil, and the staff of Freidin Brown for showing what true representation and professionalism is to a client when at their lowest. Jonathan walked us through every step of the way. Words cannot describe the many thanks. Jonathan, I want you to know I will recommend you to anyone who would love true professional representation from an attorney. Wishing you a long and successful future.” – Luther M.
Our team has over a century of experience representing clients in medical malpractice, complex personal injury, and whistleblower cases. We also have an amazing staff supporting our lawyers, including three staff members who have been with the firm for over 20 years. We want to put their experience to work for you and your family.
Our Firm Will Handle Your Miami Personal Injury Case From Start to Finish
Our Miami law firm sets out to improve the world by stopping wrongdoers from causing others pain and suffering. Freidin Brown, P.A.’s mission started several decades ago when Philip Freidin took a risk and opened his own firm just a few years after graduating from law school. Since then, Phil, who is Board Certified in Civil Trials by the Florida Bar, has devoted his entire life to representing clients seriously injured by others’ wrongful acts.
When you come to us for legal help, we do everything in our power to relieve your burden so you can rest and recover. We can:
- Identify liability for your injuries and damages. Depending on your accident, this could be a driver, property owner, health care provider, manufacturer, or other at-fault entity.
- Collect evidence proving negligence, which may include eyewitness statements, police reports, medical records, expert testimony, photographs, and video.
- Calculate your damages using expert witnesses, bills, receipts, pay stubs, and estimates regarding future expected expenses.
- File your claim or lawsuit, draft paperwork, track and adhere to deadlines, and handle case-related phone calls, emails, and meetings.
- Negotiate to secure the maximum possible compensation.
- Keep you informed with regular case updates and open lines of attorney-client communications.
- Represent you at trial if necessary.
We offer personalized, professional, and compassionate representation for injured Miamians. We also offer years of trial experience, which means we will fight for your compensation to the very end. Our trial-tested attorneys collectively have more than 100 years of experience that we draw from daily to get the most favorable results for our clients. Our boutique law firm team is unafraid to go to trial to win your case.
Our Miami Attorneys Will Fight for Your Compensation
Your recoverable losses will depend on various factors, including the type of accident that caused your damages, the severity of your injuries, and how they affect your life and work. Our Miami personal injury lawyers can identify your losses and pursue every cent owed to you.
In general, we can help you seek compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses. We can pursue the cost of current and future accident-related treatment, including ambulance transportation, emergency services, medical procedures, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medications, mobility aids, and long-term nursing care.
- Lost income. We can seek compensation for lost earnings, benefits, bonuses, and tips. In addition, we may pursue awards for your lost earning capacity if you cannot return to work because of your injury.
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience. Our attorneys can seek monetary compensation for intangible physical, mental, and emotional damages, including depression, post-traumatic stress, anxiety, scarring and disfigurement, loss of mobility, reduced cognitive functioning, severe and chronic pain, loss of enjoyment, and diminished quality of life.
- Personal property. We can recover the cost of replacing or repairing property damaged during your accident, including vehicles, electronics, and jewelry. We can also review your case to identify miscellaneous losses, such as rental car fees, payment for household services, and medically necessary home or vehicle modifications.
- Wrongful death. Wrongful death cases fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury caused by negligence, we can help their personal representative (executor) seek damages on behalf of their estate and surviving beneficiaries. According to Florida Statutes § 768.21, compensation includes medical bills, lost income, and funeral and burial expenses. Qualifying survivors can also receive awards for their mental pain and suffering and loss of the deceased’s support, services, companionship, protection, and guidance.
Our Miami personal injury lawyers know how challenging it is to suffer serious injuries or live with disabilities due to someone else’s medical negligence or wrongful acts. This is why we will tailor our services to your situation; you won’t get personalized help by calling the number on a billboard or TV ad.
There are other important deadlines in medical malpractice cases.
If you do not pursue your case before time expires, the court will likely dismiss your lawsuit. Missing the deadline can also negatively affect your insurance claim. If the insurance company knows you can no longer take legal action, it can reduce your bargaining power and may result in a denied or reduced settlement.
Dealing with these looming deadlines is a lot, but our lawyers can handle it for you. We can deal with figuring out deadlines, filing the paperwork, and handling all the minutia that could derail your case while you focus on recovering and getting back to your regular life.
If We Don’t Recover Compensation for You, You Won’t Owe Us a Fee
At Freidin Brown, P.A., we align our interests with yours: we want to achieve the maximum recovery on each case. We earn all our legal fees on a contingency basis, meaning we get paid only if we obtain financial recovery for you. This means you won’t be stuck with invoices for each hour we spend representing you.
We get paid only if you get paid. Costs and expenses of representing you are treated similarly—you don’t owe us unless we win, in which case our costs will be reimbursedfrom your recovery. We are available 24/7 to give you a free, no-risk case consultation.
When we take your case, you become part of the Freidin Brown, P.A. family. Our success is built on representing our clients like we would represent our own family—with dedication, persistence, and compassion. We are ready to work with you now on your case.
Florida Personal Injury Video FAQs
How long do I have to bring a lawsuit against those who are legally responsible for my personal injuries?
Every case is subject to a statute of limitations. In the work we do, personal injury cases, most of the statute of limitations are four years. Medical malpractice statutes of limitations are two years with an ability to expand the time. Products liability are four years with an ability to expand the time. When I say that, use that phrase I talk about, an ability to extend the time because you did not discover the injury or it took a while to develop. Two years and four years are the primary time periods, and we’d much rather see a case earlier than later and then have to deal with that problem.
How long will it take for my Florida personal injury case to get to trial?
There’s no definitive answer on how long it’ll take to resolve your case. At Freidin Brown, we work aggressively to advocate on your behalf to try to bring a resolution. Whether it’s a settlement, through a mediated settlement, or a trial, arbitration if necessary, as quickly as possible. But the reality is, that most litigated cases take a minimum of a year, and complex medical malpractice cases can take several years.
How much will it cost to hire an attorney for my Florida personal injury case?
At Freidin Brown, we charge our clients on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we win for you. So if we don’t make any recovery for you, you don’t owe us a dime.
How quickly should I contact an attorney after I was injured by another person?
If you were injured by another person, you should contact an attorney right away. The sooner that they are able to come into the case and represent you, they’ll be helping you navigate the process and make life a lot easier for you, but also represent your interests all the way through.
What can I recover if I win my Florida personal injury case?
The damages that are recoverable in these cases, assuming there’s collectability, are for pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of capacity to enjoy life, disability, disfigurement, for medical bills, for lost earnings, lost earning capacity, and any other incidental losses that you can prove are related to the injury.
What constitutes a personal injury case?
Personal injury cases when one wrongdoer injures another person, an innocent victim if you will, and that involves a gamut of things, including auto cases, premises liability, negligent security, medical malpractice. All sorts of things when someone injures someone, including intentional towards … or products liability cases where a product fails to be safe and damages someone. There’s just a wide range of types of personal injury cases.
What if a person dies before bringing a personal injury lawsuit?
That raises two scenarios. One is if the person dies as a result of the negligent act in question. Say for example medical malpractice and they die later on, it becomes a wrongful death case and it’s brought by the family through a personal representative. The second scenario is that person dies from a cause completely different than what was the initial injury and that becomes what’s called a survival action and again the personal representative of the state will bring it on behalf of the person who died and that money would go to their estate.
What is my personal injury case worth?
We get that question in all our cases. What is the case worth?
In the beginning, we don’t know what it’s worth, because we don’t know all the facts. But when we learn the facts, we’re looking for, how clear is the case against the other party? We’re looking at, how serious is the damage? We’re looking at how closely we can connect the damage to the wrongful act. In other words, if it’s tenuous or very clear. And then, finally, we’re looking for, how are we going to collect it?
It’s impossible to answer those questions early on until you have that information. In our firm, once we start collecting that information, we give the clients a very full and frank discussion of what we think the case is worth. But we rarely tell them what we think it’s worth in the very beginning because we don’t have enough information.
What kinds of fees are associated with personal injury lawsuits?
Our cases are all contingency fees, meaning we take a percentage of the recovery if and when we win, and we do not charge anything if there is no recovery.
Why is it important to hire a Board Certified trial lawyer?
The main reason is, if you’re going to litigate and you’re going to go to court, you want an attorney with you that has experience. And in order to be a Board Certified civil trial lawyer, one of the requirements is that you have a large number of civil jury trials before you can be admitted, and there is no substitution for experience when you’re in court.
Will I have to pay anything out-of-pocket in my Florida personal injury case?
No, you will no need to pay out-of-pocket for your Florida personal injury case with our firm, Freidin Brown. In fact, with your fees, you will only owe your costs if and when there is a recovery in your case. If there is no recovery in your case, our firm will pay your costs, and you will not owe anything.
Will I have to pay to speak with an attorney about my Florida personal injury case?
The answer to that question is no. You will not need to pay us to consult with us or speak about your case. We work on only a contingent fee basis, which means you pay us if, and only if, there is a recovery from your case. In other words, if we don’t recover for you, you don’t pay. So it doesn’t hurt to come speak with us.
Call Freidin Brown, P.A., for Help With Your Miami Personal Injury Case
Life is often unpredictable, as we know, but when accidents occur you should be able to reach out to attorneys who will fight for your recovery. When Freidin Brown, P.A. leads your case, you become part of our family, and we will use our knowledge and experience to seek the most favorable results for you. Our Miami personal injury lawyers regularly take on cases that help individuals recover the compensation they deserve.
Call us today at 888-677-7764 to learn more about how we can help you during a free consultation. Our compassionate legal team members can answer your questions 24/7 and help you connect with our legal team. We give straightforward advice and help so you can decide the next move you should make for your and your family’s future.