Miami Hospital Error Lawyer
Holding Florida Hospitals Accountable for Serious Medical Mistakes
Approximately one in every three patients experience a hospital-related injury. These injuries may be mild, severe, or even deadly. A hospital-related injury can result in the need for additional treatment, lengthened hospital stays, and readmission after discharge. Filing a hospital negligence lawsuit can do more than help pay for medical bills and lost wages. Suing a hospital for negligence can help prevent similar injuries from happening to you, a member of your family, or another patient in the future.
At Freidin Brown, P.A., our Miami hospital error lawyers are committed to improving patient safety in Florida hospitals. Backed by more than 100 years of combined experience, our medical malpractice lawyers can be trusted to handle your hospital error case in Florida, Fort Myers, or a nearby area. Schedule a FREE consultation by contacting us at 888-677-7764 or fill out a case evaluation form to get started immediately.
Common Medical Errors in Hospitals
Hospital negligence can take many forms. The most common medical errors that result in hospital-related injuries include:
- Patient identification errors. Misidentifying a patient or failing to verify treatment of the correct patient can lead to the wrong procedure being performed or the wrong medication being administered.
- Patient location errors. A patient at risk of wandering off, including those who suffer from memory loss or dementia, should not be left unattended and should be closely monitored.
- Understaffing. Whether there are not enough nurses on a patient floor or not enough medical personnel staffing an emergency room, failing to provide enough competent medical professionals can lead to delays in treatment and emergency response times.
- Infections. A hospital-acquired infection may include a central or arterial line infection, pneumonia, MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), urinary tract infection, or an infection at the site of a surgical procedure.
- Communication errors. A forgotten allergy, uncommunicated change in treatment, or undocumented administration of medication can result in serious injury if a nurse or doctor fails to share key information about a patient when changing shifts.
Many life-saving actions can be made in the hospital setting; however, just as many life-threatening things can go wrong. When a medical mistake or hospital error results in serious injury, you may have cause to file a negligence lawsuit against the hospital.
Contact Our Miami Hospital Error Lawyers for a Free Consultation
At Freidin Brown, P.A., our lawyers have achieved a history of success on behalf of medical malpractice and hospital negligence clients throughout Florida. We offer a free initial consultation and we charge no upfront fees for the legal services we provide. In fact, you only pay if we are successful in securing a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf.