Jacksonville Anesthesia Error Lawyer
Anesthesia errors usually occur due to a lack of communication, inexperienced healthcare professionals, or a failure to observe a patient or review their medical history. Regardless of how an anesthesia mistake happened, they can cause some of the most serious harm to patients. At times, they can even be fatal.
Once an anesthesia error occurs, many patients assume the anesthesiologist is the liable party. Although this is true in many instances, there are times when other medical professionals are to blame, as well. If you or a loved one has suffered harm, our Jacksonville anesthesia error lawyer can determine who is liable for your injuries and hold them accountable for paying the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
What Causes Anesthesia Errors in Jacksonville?
Anesthesia is medication that is used in doctor’s offices, dental offices, surgery centers, and hospitals. Without anesthesia, patients would be awake for certain procedures, including surgery, which could cause them an immense amount of pain and additional trauma. Anesthesia is a very serious drug and if patients are not properly monitored, serious complications can arise. Increased blood pressure and even anaphylaxis, which is life-threatening, are just two of these.
The healthcare professionals in the operating room or in other environments where anesthesia is used must also be prepared to properly respond when patients experience trouble. For example, anesthesiologists must monitor the patient the entire time they are under. If they notice that the patient’s blood pressure is climbing to dangerous levels, the anesthesiologist should administer other medication to lower it.
The Most Common Anesthesia Errors in Jacksonville
Unfortunately, a number of different types of anesthesia mistakes can be made when this type of medication is administered to patients. The most common of these are as follows:
- Failing to properly monitor a patient who is receiving anesthesia
- Administering too little or too much of the anesthesia
- Using the incorrect type of drug
- Failure to advise patients on the appropriate, if any, food and drink they can consume prior to the procedure
- Failure to review other medications the patient is currently taking to ensure the patient will not experience any negative reaction
- Failure to review the patient’s medical history to determine if the patient is allergic to the medication
Any time one of the above anesthetic errors happens, or any other, injured patients can file a medical malpractice claim.
Common Injuries Caused by Anesthesia Errors
Anesthesia errors cause a number of different injuries. The most common of these are as follows:
- Cardiovascular issues, such as heart failure
- Asphyxia, particularly when oxygen is not properly administered
- Significant pain and trauma in the event a patient wakes up during an operation
- Memory loss
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Call Our Anesthesia Error Lawyer in Jacksonville Now
If you have suffered an injury due to a negligent medical professional, it is imperative that you speak to our Jacksonville anesthesia error lawyer today. You may be entitled to substantial compensation for your losses and our seasoned attorneys at Freidin Brown can help you get it. Call us now at 888-677-7764 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.