Fort Myers Nursing Error Lawyer
Nurses are among the front line of health care workers in hospitals, clinics, and other facilities, supporting physicians and taking on many other tasks as part of the job. However, despite the fact that they do not share the same status as doctors, nurses can still be held accountable for negligence. Florida medical malpractice laws require nursing practitioners to comply with a certain standard of care, and they may be liable for monetary damages if they depart from it.
However, this general description of nursing errors does not reveal the complicated liability issues. To avoid putting your right at risk and leaving compensation on the table, it is wise to count on our team at Freidin Brown, P.A. We are knowledgeable about the standard of care, and med mal claims are our focus. Please contact us to schedule a free consultation with a Fort Myers nursing error lawyer, and read on for some important information.
4 Things to Know About Nursing Malpractice
The basis of these cases is the standard of care, since this is the yardstick by which the nursing professional’s actions are measured. The analysis is what another nurse with the same level of skill, training, and care would have done under the same circumstances. Additional points include:
- The statute of limitations for a nursing errors case is two years, so you are barred from recovering compensation if you miss the deadline.
- The time period can be extended up to four years if you did not discover the harm until well after the mistake occurred.
- The most common form of negligence by nurses is medication errors, but there can also be issues with health care acquired infection (HAI), preventing patient falls, and failures with documentation.
- Many nursing errors are the result of understaffing, which may lead to potential liability for the hospital or health care facility as well.
Types of Compensation in Nursing Errors Claims
Freidin Brown, P.A. will provide essential legal support throughout the process, including the pre-suit investigation and working with medical experts. We will attempt to work out a settlement, but we will go to court if necessary to ensure you receive fair monetary damages.
Our Fort Myers nursing errors attorneys are committed to ensuring you receive full compensation for:
- Economic damages, including medical costs, lost income, and out-of-pocket expenses to treat your injuries
- Noneconomic damages, which are the intangible, personal losses you sustain because of suffering harm. Examples include pain and suffering, emotional anguish, scarring and disfigurement, and other losses that diminish your quality of life
Contact a Fort Myers Nursing Error Lawyer to Learn More
The role of a nurse is very unique compared to other health care providers, but nursing professionals are still held to a standard of care when treating patients. If you suffered harm under such circumstances, please contact Freidin Brown, P.A. to set up a no-cost case review. A Fort Myers nursing error attorney can explain the laws and legal process after learning more about your situation.