Fort Myers Heart Attack Malpractice Lawyer
A heart attack occurs when blood flow to the heart is disrupted or blocked, causing damage to the organ’s delicate tissues. Beyond this basic definition, there are different types of events that qualify as acute myocardial infarction (AMI), the medical term for heart attack. However, they share a common element: The more time that passes between the AMI and medical care to restore blood flow, the more extensive the damage to the heart. Therefore, positive patient outcomes with heart attack are a combination of proper diagnosis and prompt treatment.
Unfortunately, some health care providers deviate from the standard of care when a patient presents with AMI. Florida medical negligence laws apply to these situations, enabling individuals to recover compensation. Freidin Brown, P.A. will guide you through the process, so please contact our firm to schedule a no-cost case assessment with a Fort Myers heart attack malpractice lawyer. A legal overview is also useful.
Common Mistakes with Heart Attack Treatment
Though there are many different errors that can lead to patient harm in treating AMI, the standard of care remains the same. The measurement is that level of skill that is considered acceptable and appropriate by similar health care providers, when faced with the same circumstances. You may recover compensation by proving how your physician departed from this standard, causing your injuries.
The most frequent forms of heart attack malpractice include:
- Not advising a patient regarding risk factors that can be changed
- Failure to account for underlying risk factors
- Neglecting to conduct a proper physical exam
- Failing to order appropriate tests to diagnose AMI, such as EKG, a chest x-ray, MRI, coronary catheterization, and blood tests
- Misreading the results of imaging tests
- Not accounting for the symptoms women experience compared to men
- Diagnosing heart attack as heartburn or other condition
Monetary Damages for Heart Attack Malpractice
It is possible to recover various types of compensation in a med mal case, but you must comply with legal requirements throughout the process. A pre-suit investigation is mandatory, as is getting a written opinion from a medical expert. Freidin Brown, P.A. will take care of details, and we will work to negotiate a fair settlement. If the parties cannot agree, we will file a lawsuit in court to ensure you receive reasonable damages.
It is the goal of our Fort Myers heart attack malpractice attorneys to recover for:
- Your medical costs for treatment, including surgery, hospitalization, and rehabilitation
- Lost wages for the time you missed at work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other losses that impact your quality of life and personal relationships
Consult with a Fort Myers Heart Attack Malpractice Lawyer
Whether you suffered from harm because of a diagnosis error or mistake with AMI treatment, legal help is crucial when seeking damages for your losses. For more information on how we support your needs, please contact Freidin Brown, P.A. We can set up a free consultation with a Fort Myers heart attack malpractice attorney. After learning about your situation, we can advise you on next steps.