Fort Myers Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing a loved one is always tragic, but when that loss stems from a preventable accident, that loved one deserves justice. Our Fort Myers wrongful death lawyers can answer your questions and form an actionable plan for pursuing compensation. You deserve maximum damages for your loss, and we fight for it. Call our personal injury firm today for a free consultation: 888-677-7764. We are here for you when you need us. Our team members can take your call 24/7.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Personalize Our Services to Ensure We Represent You
We understand that your legal matter is not just another case, so we don’t treat it that way. We don’t take on massive caseloads and delegate the work to other staff. Our firm offers legal assistance tailored to the individual.
When you come to Freidin Brown, P.A.:
- We specifically select our cases and provide singular attention to our clients.
- Our lawyer works directly on your case and gets acquainted with all the details.
- You receive the aid and support of the entire Freidin Brown, P.A. family.
- We provide custom strategizing and planning sessions and keep you apprised.
- You don’t pay anything unless and until we win your case.
At every step, you receive attention from our attorneys and support staff, regular updates, and advice on how to proceed with your case.
What Qualifies Us to Represent Your Loved One’s Case?
You don’t just pick a lawyer; you select a firm that will work alongside you through one of the most difficult periods of your life. For that reason, you want a team with experience in this kind of case that can plan for any contingencies.
We have two Board Certified Civil Trial Attorneys and have earned over $20 million in verdicts for wrongful deaths. Our firm’s attorneys collectively have over a century of experience.
In wrongful death, some notable successes include:
- $5.25 million verdict for a fatal drunk driving accident
- $4.78 million for a fatal negligent security incident
- $2 million for fatal medical malpractice
You can check out our case results to see additional examples.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Seek Customized Damages for You and Your Family
Our personalized approach extends beyond the careful attention we give your case. We also work to ensure those responsible pay special attention to your experience as well. We work to customize damages to match the suffering you and your family members experienced.
Compensation for Your Family’s Struggles
Our wrongful death attorneys evaluate each Fort Myers case to catalog:
- Medical bills
- End-of-life care
- Memorial and funeral costs
- Burial or cremation expenses
Depending on your family member’s injuries, you may have high medical bills from their emergency and hospice care. A study by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), for example, found that inpatient care for traumatic brain injuries can cost 74 percent more than other injuries. Eligible expenses don’t just include costs your family incurred after your loved one’s passing—any medical care related to the accident qualifies.
Honoring the deceased is equally important. They should receive a funeral that accords with their wishes. As the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) points out in its funeral cost checklist, commemorating your lost loved one can involve several steps and expenses. Our lawyers can walk you through these expenses to ensure they receive consideration in any settlement.
Compensation for What Your Loved One Represented
This loss doesn’t just represent a financial burden. You lost someone important to you who provided counsel, economic stability, and intimacy. To account for that, damages can cover:
- Income they provided for your family
- Guidance they provided for children
- Support they provided for spouses
- Pain and suffering you both experienced
Illustrating how a complex person played a unique role in your life involves gathering evidence from various sources. The process can feel overwhelming, even impossible, so don’t attempt it alone. The Freidin Brown, P.A. family can connect the dots to show an insurance adjuster or jury just how special this person was to you.
What Does a Fort Myers Wrongful Death Lawyer Do?
Attorneys representing clients in wrongful death cases handle paperwork, calls, case planning, the insurance claim process, and lawsuit filings. This is the minimum. A wrongful death lawyer with Freidin Brown, P.A. works to go beyond just the day-to-day responsibilities.
An attorney from our firm:
- Guides you through the steps of a wrongful death lawsuit
- Steps in to talk to adjusters and attorneys for you
- Consults medical professionals and other experts to analyze your case
- Creatively tackles challenges and forms strategies to defend your damages
- Utilizes and applies knowledge of Florida law to use it to our advantage
- Makes you feel welcome and free to ask questions at any time
- Allows you to contact our lawyers and staff with any concerns
- Keeps in touch regularly to make sure you understand what we’re doing and why
- Uses our trial experience to represent you at trial if necessary
We have presented 300 cases in front of a jury, providing us with crucial litigation experience that we can apply to your case. What’s more, you don’t just get one attorney—additional lawyers from our firm will also oversee case development and strategy, providing even more knowledge and experience.
We Keep Track of the Deadlines
According to Florida Statute § 95.11, qualifying family members generally can file a wrongful death lawsuit up to two years after the passing of a loved one. However, sometimes the time frame of a specific case is different, and it can be longer or shorter, depending on the situation.
Our attorneys can determine how long you have. In addition, we can help identify the best time to file a suit.
Wrongful Death Cases We Handle in Fort Myers
Wrongful death actions can cover various scenarios in the Fort Myers area. Our firm can assist with the following and more:
- Medical malpractice like birth injuries, diagnosis errors, or surgical mistakes
- Car accidents, including drunk driving, motorcycle crashes, distracted driving, or speeding
- Truck accidents like cargo spills, drowsy driving, or negligent hiring
- Premises liability such as slip and fall cases, security issues, or dog attacks
- Defective products, including medical devices, drugs, auto parts, or appliances
Our Fort Myers Wrongful Death Team Offers Personalized Care for a Personal Loss
At Freidin Brown, P.A., we have served thousands of clients, treating each one like our only case. While we couldn’t prevent the accident that cost your loved one their life, we can work to prevent you from facing additional difficulties as you pursue justice. Contact our wrongful death lawyers who serve Fort Myers by calling 888-677-7764.