Fort Myers Hospital Negligence Lawyer
No one should suffer additional pain and injury after going to a hospital for a health concern. If you are in this situation, you sought medical help when you were hurting and vulnerable. The doctors and healthcare professionals who treated you should not have made you feel worse.
At Freidin Brown, P.A., we are passionate about fighting on behalf of injured clients with medical malpractice cases. We don’t just care for your current well-being, but also we care about your future by pursuing the best possible compensation options for you. Find out for yourself by calling today: 888-677-7764.
Our Fort Myers Lawyers Will Handle Your Hospital Negligence and Medical Malpractice Case
In hospital negligence cases, you aren’t just taking on a doctor or other healthcare professional–you’re taking on the hospital itself. As businesses that contend with claims and lawsuits on a daily basis, hospitals are ready to contest cases like yours, as insurance coverage and attorneys protect them.
When fighting a hospital negligence case, you could benefit from a personal injury team that’s up to the challenge. Our medical malpractice lawyers have decades of experience pursuing insurance claims and lawsuits. From that experience, we know:
- The essential evidence we need to prove your case, such as medical records, witness testimony, and analysis of your injuries by medical experts
- How to find the best medical experts who can evaluate your case and testify about the hospital negligence that caused your condition
- When to pursue an insurance claim and when to file a medical malpractice lawsuit
- How to identify liable parties, including doctors, nurses, techs, staff, and administrators
- The assistance you may need throughout your case, like help with paperwork, filings, deadlines, and accessing resources
- How to prepare, strategize, and present a case before a jury if necessary
We have two Board Certified Civil Trial Attorneys on staff, and our firm also has a track record of success in court. We have won over 20 verdicts with amounts exceeding $1 million. We are trial-tested lawyers who are unafraid to go to court for you.
After Suffering Negligence, You Deserve a Lawyer’s Full Attention
In your hospital negligence experience, you probably felt ignored or delegitimized. We don’t want your legal experience to feel the same way. When you work with the Freidin Brown, P.A. family, you receive assistance from an experienced medical malpractice lawyer who knows all the details of your case.
Other ways we personalize your experience:
- Philip Freidin oversees each case handled by the firm, including yours
- We can help you in English, Spanish, or Portuguese
- You receive consistent progress reports and check-ins from our team
- We base your damages on your specific losses—no one-size-fits-all approach
- You interact with real people rather than automated systems
Because of how carefully we select our cases, you know we picked yours because we believe in you.
We Will Identify the Damages in Your Fort Myers Hospital Negligence Case
At Freidin Brown, P.A., we are determined to get you fair compensation. We won’t stand for insurance adjusters, hospital representatives, or attorneys who try to diminish your damages by ignoring future losses or personal struggles. When you hire us, we pursue compensation to cover:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income, including future losses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Reduced enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages (if a loved one suffered fatal injuries due to hospital negligence)
Some hospital mistakes worsen patients’ existing conditions. For instance, a delay in care or diagnosis can make your recovery longer, with additional complications. Our hospital malpractice lawyers fight for the typical losses associated with your condition and the additional compensation you deserve for suffering more than you should have.
Other hospital errors create entirely new problems, like giving you an infection unrelated to your initial condition. Filing a claim or suit isn’t limited only to harm related to your original injury. If you were at all hurt by hospital negligence, we can help you pursue fair compensation.
In fact, maybe you weren’t even the person who came to the hospital with an injury, but a friend, family member, or there on business. Visitors who slip and fall on hospital property can hold a hospital responsible for failing to maintain the property.
How to Know If Your Situation Qualifies as Hospital Negligence
Hospitals regularly deal with high-stress, fast-paced scenarios, forcing healthcare providers to make important decisions fast. This can make it challenging for you to know if what you experienced counts as negligence or if the providers could not have prevented what happened to you. After all, Johns Hopkins Medicine reports that medical errors are the United States’ third leading cause of death—so, clearly, accidents happen.
It’s true that medical malpractice can be challenging because doctors can argue that some consequences are out of their control. However, that isn’t always the case. Doctors and their support staff are responsible for taking certain precautions and following specific procedures. Failures or mere oversight can count as negligence.
If you suspect any of the following medical errors harmed you in Fort Myers, our hospital negligence lawyers can act on those suspicions and investigate:
- Failures or delays while admitting you into a facility
- Unreasonable mistakes made in the emergency room (ER)
- Medical history errors
- Failures or delays in diagnosing your condition
- Failures or delays in consulting a doctor
- Failures or delays in acting on doctor’s orders
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Infections acquired at the hospital
- Failure to monitor your condition
- Unnecessary treatment or surgery
- Errors in medication or dosage
- Failures in sanitation
- Discharging you too early
We Keep Track of Hospital Malpractice Filing Deadlines in Fort Myers
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit for medical malpractice, dated from either when you were hurt or when you realized you were hurt. However, the precise deadline is determined by various factors specific to your case.
Not only can unique factors in your case affect the statute of limitations, but you may also need to pay attention to other deadlines. So it’s important to consult with a medical malpractice attorney in order to determine the actual statute of limitations applicable to your case.
As part of our effort to reduce your stress as much as possible, we can identify and adhere to whatever deadlines apply to your case. All you must do is reach out to us to get started. We want to use as much time as possible to research your situation, so don’t wait.
A Free Consultation Is Waiting—Call Us Now for Help From Our Fort Myers Hospital Negligence Lawyers
Hospital negligence can cause harm when you were already vulnerable. No matter how unintentional the mistake, our hospital negligence lawyers serving Fort Myers believe your experience should not go unrecognized. Don’t let it. Contact us today at 888-677-7764 for your free case review.