Fort Myers Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you suffered a severe and sudden injury in an accident, our Fort Myers, FL, catastrophic injury lawyers can seek compensation for your medical treatment and other damages. Freidin Brown, P.A.’s dedicated personal injury lawyers will pursue a claim or lawsuit against the party responsible for your losses.
Our compassionate legal team has over 100 years of combined experience helping those harmed by negligence get the awards they need and deserve. We will stand up for your rights and fight to protect your financial future. Contact us today or call 888-677-7764 to schedule a free consultation.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries often occur suddenly and cause severe, permanent, or disabling physical harm. This type of injury also usually changes the sufferer’s day-to-day life significantly. Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Loss of a limb
- Loss of sight, vision, or speech
- Severe burns
- Organ and nerve damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our firm has advocated for seriously injured Floridians for over 45 years, giving us experience with various personal injury cases. We handle catastrophic injuries resulting from:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Medical malpractice
- Hospital negligence
- Nursing home accidents
What Are the Damages for Catastrophic Injuries?
Our Fort Myers catastrophic injury attorneys will pursue the maximum possible compensation for your losses. We will identify and seek every cent owed so you and your family are not stuck paying out of pocket for a negligent party’s mistakes. Potential damages may include:
- Current and future medical treatment. We can recover the cost of emergency medical transportation and services, surgeries, and hospital visits. We can also seek awards for your long-term care needs, including physical therapy and rehabilitation, follow-up procedures, prescription drugs, medical devices and equipment, long-term nursing, and life care.
- Lost income. Catastrophic injuries often alter the sufferer’s ability to make a living. Our attorneys can pursue compensation for your lost weekly earnings and lost employment benefits. In addition, we can seek awards for your lost earning capacity if you must change jobs, reduce your hours, or leave the workforce.
- Personal property. If your vehicle or other personal items (such as your cell phone, laptop, or jewelry) was damaged or destroyed during your accident, we can seek compensation for repairs or replacements.
- Pain and suffering. We can secure monetary awards for intangible physical, mental, and emotional losses, including compensation for severe and chronic pain, disability, depression, anxiety, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one was fatally injured, we can pursue compensation on behalf of their estate and beneficiaries. Damages may include the deceased’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and lost wages. Qualifying survivors can also seek awards for mental pain and suffering and the loss of their loved one’s care, services, support, and guidance.
Can You Sue for Personal Injury in Florida?
If your catastrophic injury resulted from an auto collision, slip and fall, or another accident caused by negligence, you can sue the at-fault party. Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) allows two years to file a lawsuit for wrongful death or for injuries resulting from medical malpractice. HB 837/SB236 establishes a two-year statute of limitations for most other personal injuries.
In many cases, our attorneys will start seeking compensation through a liability insurance claim. However, this does not mean you should delay. If the above deadlines expire, it will reduce your bargaining power and could lead to a reduced or denied settlement. We can help you act before it is too late!
How Our Fort Myers Attorneys Help With Your Catastrophic Injury Case
When you become a part of the Freidin Brown, P.A. family, you get a team of knowledgeable and caring legal professionals at your back. We will take care of every detail of your claim or lawsuit so you can focus on your recovery or caring for your injured loved one. Our Florida catastrophic injury lawyers can:
Identify Liable Parties and Collect Evidence
Whether your accident was the fault of a reckless driver, careless property owner, or negligent health care professional, we will prove liability and demonstrate your right to compensation using evidence, which may include:
- Medical records
- Police or accident reports
- Cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam video
- Photos of your injuries and the site of your accident
- Expert and eyewitness testimony
- Bills, invoices, receipts, estimates, and other proof of your damages
Fight for the Maximum Possible Compensation
Our firm does whatever it takes to get results for our clients. We have two Board Certified Civil Trial Attorneys on staff and have conducted more than 300 trials. We are not afraid to take civil action when necessary and will fight for the most advantageous possible case outcome – in and out of court.
We have won more than 20 verdicts exceeding $1 million. Our catastrophic injury case results include:
- A $12.7 million verdict for a child who suffered a brain injury caused by negligent care
- A $5.8 million verdict for a client who suffered burn injuries and a head injury in an auto accident
- A $5.25 million jury verdict for the family of a victim fatally injured by a drunk driver
- A $3.45 million settlement for a client who sustained catastrophic injuries in a pedestrian accident
Provide Personal Representation
Unlike larger law firms, our selective caseload allows our lawyers to provide each client with individual attention. This sets us apart from billboard firms whose attorneys often spread themselves thin by simultaneously working 200 or more cases.
Our founding partner, Philip Freidin, has a hand in every case. He receives planning and strategy assistance from at least two other attorneys on our team.
Contact Freidin Brown, P.A. About Your Fort Myers Catastrophic Injury Case Today
Our Fort Myers catastrophic injury lawyers can get to work on your case today. Our legal services cost nothing up front or out of pocket, and you do not owe us a dime unless and until we obtain compensation for you.
Contact us online or call 888-677-7764 to schedule a free consultation and connect with a Florida personal injury lawyer near you.