Fort Myers Failure to Diagnose Cancer Lawyer
Developments in the field of medicine have made it possible for many cancer patients to enjoy higher survival and recovery rates through innovative technology and advanced treatment options. However, success with beating cancer comes down to one important factor: A timely, proper diagnosis. Unfortunately, cancer is one of the “Big Three” conditions that account for 75 percent of all harm from diagnosis mistakes. It also ranks number one among the three. Misdiagnosed cancers are associated with almost 40 percent of all deaths and injuries resulting from diagnosis errors.
If you suffered harm because of diagnosis mistakes with cancer, Florida medical malpractice laws provide you with remedies. Our team at Freidin Brown, P.A. can assist you in pursuing them. We have decades of combined experience representing injured victims, so please contact us to schedule a free consultation. A Fort Myers failure to diagnose cancer lawyer can explain details, though a legal summary is useful.
Consequences of Cancer Diagnosis Mistakes
Health care practitioners are required to treat patients in accordance with the prevailing medical standard of care, so they can be liable when deviating from what is considered reasonable and acceptable. When a cancer care provider does not comply with this standard, the consequences can be devastating. For example:
- Failure to diagnose cancer means the patient is not receiving essential care, while he or she may be getting unnecessary, potentially dangerous treatment
- Delays in diagnosing cancer could result in the condition becoming terminal
- Mistakes and delays can also lead to a situation where less invasive cancer treatments are no longer an option
- Cancer diagnosis errors might also result in a false-positive diagnosis, forcing the patient to undergo radiation, chemotherapy, surgery, or other harsh treatment.
Facts About Your Rights
There are multiple steps in any med mal case, starting with conducting a pre-suit investigation as required by law. Freidin Brown, P.A. will take care of the details, and we are prepared to discuss settlement of your claim. However, our Fort Myers failure to diagnose cancer attorneys are ready to fight for your rights in court to recover fair compensation. Some additional facts about these cases include:
- You may qualify to obtain amounts for medical costs, lost wages, and other economic damages
- It is also possible to recover for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other losses that affect quality of life
- The statute of limitations in a cancer diagnosis cases is two years, so you need to sue in court before it expires
- The deadline for filing a lawsuit can be extended up to four years if you did not discover the error right away
A Fort Myers Failure to Diagnose Cancer Lawyer Can Provide Additional Details
At Freidin Brown, P.A., our team prepared to help with all stages of the legal process and recover the compensation you deserve by law. If you suffered harm because a health care provider made diagnostic errors with cancer, please contact us right away. We can set up a complimentary case review with a Fort Myers failure to diagnose cancer attorney who will explain the relevant concepts.