Medical Malpractice Attorney Near Me
We rely on doctors to provide us with the best care possible when we are sick or injured. While most doctors are skilled at what they do, sometimes they make mistakes. When this happens, this is called medical malpractice and it is a serious issue. In fact, medical errors are one of the leading causes of death in the United States.
Birth injuries, surgical errors, diagnostic errors, and medication errors are common. In order to bring a successful medical malpractice claim under Florida law, a patient must prove that they suffered an illness, injury, or other complication due to subpar treatment. Medical providers are obligated to treat patients according to a certain standard of care. What this means is that a doctor, nurse, or hospital should offer care that is at least as good as a reasonably prudent medical provider would have offered under similar circumstances.
When a provider does meet the standard of care and you are injured as a result, you have the right to file a claim for compensation. You need the right legal team on your side. When you want a small firm with big resources to handle your legal needs, Freidin Brown, P.A. can assist you. Contact one of our experienced Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyers today.
- Anesthesia Error
- Birth Injury
- Cancer Malpractice
- Doctor Error
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer
- Failure to Diagnose Stroke
- Fetal Heartbeat Malpractice
- Heart Attack Malpractice
- Hospital Error
- Medication Error
- Nursing Error
- Preventable Suicide
- Surgical Error
Why You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you have been harmed by a medical professional’s negligence, a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer can help you by:
- Following proper procedures. Medical malpractice lawyers know the process for handling these claims and will ensure everything is done properly, without any mistakes.
- Handling all the paperwork. There’s a lot of paperwork involved in a medical malpractice case. You will constantly be reading and signing documents. You will then need to follow proper filing and record keeping protocols. Your lawyer can help in this regard.
- Gathering evidence. Medical malpractice cases are hard to fight. Your legal team will help gather all the necessary evidence to prove your case.
- Valuing your case. Medical malpractice can result in many damages, from injuries to medical treatment to lost wages to disability to pain and suffering. It can be challenging to place a value on all your damages, but a medical malpractice lawyer has been through this process numerous times and can properly assess the value of your claim.
- Increasing your chance of success. You can’t handle such a complex case on your own. Your lawyer will guide you through the process and do all the legwork for you so you succeed.
Contact Freidin Brown, P.A. Today
Medical malpractice is a common but preventable issue. The courts tend to side with the doctors, so these are hard cases to fight.
Let Freidin Brown, P.A. help you with your medical malpractice case. We have 45 years of experience on our side. Schedule a free consultation to learn more. Contact a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer today by calling (888) 677-7764 or filling out the online form.