Fort Lauderdale Hospital Error Lawyer
We go to hospitals to get immediate care for injuries and illnesses. While hospital staff do often do their jobs and save lives, sometimes they are negligent in their practices. Hospitals are often understaffed, meaning that staff are overwhelmed and not always being careful. This causes mistakes to happen.
Hospital errors are common, affecting more than 30% of patients. These errors can range from mild to deadly. If you do survive a hospital error, you will likely face numerous damages. You may require additional medical treatment, medications, surgeries, lengthened hospital stays, and readmission after discharge.
Filing a hospital negligence lawsuit can help pay for medical bills and lost wages. It can also promote hospital safety and make facilities and staff more accountable for their actions. Seek legal help from the team at Freidin Brown, P.A. Our Fort Lauderdale hospital error lawyer can help you get compensation and justice.
Common Hospital Errors
Many errors can happen in a hospital, such as the following:
- Hospitals are not as sanitized as you think. Many types of infections can happen in the hospital, including pneumonia, MRSA, and urinary tract infections. Infection can also occur at the site of a surgical procedure.
- Whether there aren’t enough nurses to care for patients, this affects patients. It can lead to delays in treatment and emergency response times.
- Communication errors. When nurses and doctors change shifts, they may not communicate important information about patients, such as allergies and changes in treatment. This can cause serious side effects and worsened conditions.
- Patient identification errors. When a patient is not properly identified before surgery, the patient may receive the wrong procedure or medication.
- Patient location errors. Patients who suffer from memory loss or dementia are likely to wander off and get injured.
- Emergency room errors. ER staff must work quickly in emergency situations. This means things might get overlooked. Failure to diagnose is common.
Lack of Staff
Lack of staffing is a major contributor to hospital errors. Why are these facilities so understaffed? It comes down to one thing: money. Many corporations and businesses have restructured departments in order to cut costs, and hospitals are no exception. These cuts greatly affect staff, leading to heavier workloads for nurses and other staff members.
This has also created concerns about patient care and safety. Hospital staff are not able to keep up with the new demands placed on them. When hospitals have inadequate guidelines in place, patients are at a greater risk for hospital error.
Contact Freidin Brown, P.A. Today
In a hospital setting, many lives are saved but many are also lost. Hospitals are not always clean facilities where procedures are strictly followed. Things happen.
If you have been the victim of a hospital error, seek legal help from Freidin Brown, P.A. Our Fort Lauderdale hospital error lawyers will assess your case and determine liability. Fill out the online form or call (866) 511-3321 to schedule a free consultation.