Federal & State Trucking Regulations
Longstanding recognition of the risks and seriousness of trucking accidents has led to a complex, extensive body of federal and state trucking regulations. If you have been hurt in an accident involving a semi, tractor-trailer, construction vehicle or commercial truck, it can be essential to contact a truck accident lawyer in Miami with a solid knowledge of these state and federal regulations.
Complete Investigation of Insurance, Driver Qualifications, & Regulatory Violations
Freidin Brown, P.A. maintains connections to top-quality accident investigators and trucking industry experts prepared to consider whether federal or state regulations were violated and may have contributed to your accident.
These considerations may include regulations on:
- Carrying liability insurance coverage much greater than what is required for passenger vehicles
- Specific requirements for driver training, licensing, background checking
- Federal trucking regulations governing how long a driver can be on the road, intended to prevent accidents due to driver fatigue or inattention
- The need to maintain accurate log books/electronic records showing miles traveled, all maintenance conducted, and other data.
- Stricter limits for alcohol use by drivers and measures intended to prevent drug use
- Limitations on load weights for various semis and other vehicle types
- Special, area-specific traffic regulations restricting highways, other roadways, and which lanes commercial trucks can travel
Accomplished Miami Truck Accident Attorneys Helping Victims
At Freidin Brown, P.A., we have handled many complex car accident, trucking accident, industrial accident, and wrongful death cases. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our valued clients through skilled negotiation and trial work. If you have been injured or tragically lost a family member, we want to help you seek compensation that can put you on the road to recovery.
When we become aware of your serious crash or wreck involving a commercial truck, our legal team will move quickly to preserve evidence, begin thoroughly investigating liability, and strive to identify all potential means of recovery for you. We welcome Spanish-speaking clients, and you take no financial risk when you choose to contact us about your case.
Contact Freidin Brown, P.A. to learn more about our high-quality legal services.