Tampa Birth Injury Lawyer
Giving birth is supposed to be one of the most special moments in our lives, but it does not always go as smoothly as we hope. Even the most accomplished doctors and medical teams can make mistakes. When they do, it can change the course of your family’s future.
If your child was injured by a medical professional’s negligence during birth, a medical malpractice claim against the at-fault party may help ease the financial strain on your family.
The Tampa birth injury lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. have assisted countless clients in securing full compensation for their child’s injuries. No one can change what happened to your child, but we can fight to get you the compensation you’ll need to move forward. Please reach out to our firm at 888-677-7764. We are ready to fight for you and your family.
What Does a Medical Malpractice Claim in Tampa Accomplish?
Depending on the type of injury your baby has, there may be extensive medical costs to cover, as well as future medical needs including surgery or other extensive procedures. Furthermore, an injury to your child may force you to miss work or even quit your job entirely.
The costs of a serious birth injury can quickly add up. A birth injury medical malpractice claim can help you receive compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost quality of life for your child
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earnings for the parent or parents
- Emotional distress of the parents
Other projected needs, such as additional educational costs, physical therapy, modifications to your home, and mobility equipment.
Birth injuries that are caused by doctor or hospital negligence should never have happened, and your family shouldn’t be stuck with the resulting expenses. We will hold the at-fault parties responsible and fight to get your child the compensation they will need to get the treatment, services, and equipment they require.
How a Tampa Birth Injury Lawyer Can Help Your Family
We are Tampa medical malpractice lawyers who have helped the victims of medical malpractice and birth injuries recover multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts. We understand the way birth injury cases work and the ways insurance companies may try to devalue your claim.
We can help your family by asking you for detailed information to begin building a strong case. We will investigate your claim, gather evidence, and create a strategy to get you the full value of your damages.
When you work with our birth injury lawyers in Tampa, we will make sure you understand your legal rights in Florida and explain what you can expect during each stage of your lawsuit. From start to finish, we will be by your side.
How a Doctor’s Negligence Can Cause Birth Injuries
A doctor is negligent when they breach their duty of care. This means they did not act or react according to the standards that are expected of a physician. When a doctor, other healthcare professional, or medical facility fails in their duty of care, it can cause the following birth injuries:
- Erb’s palsy: If the brachial plexus nerves are damaged during delivery, the child may have difficulty flexing or rotating their arm. If the nerves are torn, as opposed to bruised, this condition is permanent, resulting in paralysis of that limb. We can also help you if your child has cerebral palsy as a result of someone’s negligence.
- Forceps lacerations and bruising: Forceps used during difficult deliveries can cause injuries to the baby’s face and head. Usually, this slight bruising goes away quickly. However, forceps injuries can be more severe in some cases, causing permanent scarring. Vacuum delivery can cause injuries to the child, as well.
- Facial paralysis: Severe pressure on the facial nerves, including forceps pressure, can cause facial paralysis. Bruising of these nerves means that the paralysis will likely be temporary. However, nerve tears can require surgery, or lead to permanent paralysis.
- Caput succedaneum: Caput succedaneum (injury to the nerves and/or soft tissue around the scalp) is caused as the baby travels through the birth canal.
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage: When the small blood vessels in a baby’s eyes are damaged, they can become bright red, signaling a subconjunctival hemorrhage, which typically resolves in a few weeks.
- Cephalohematoma: Excessive pressure on the head can cause bleeding between the skull and fibrous covering. This blood can form a lump that may take some time to disappear.
- Collarbone fractures: The most common fracture is to the collarbone (clavicle). A fractured collarbone is painful and limits the baby’s ability to move their arm. In some cases, surgery is required to properly set the bone.
There are many more types of birth injuries, some of which can result in a lifetime of expenses like special education and around-the-clock caregivers. It is our mission to protect the victims of birth injuries by building a strong case that will lead to a positive resolution for your family. Call us today to get started at 888-677-7764.
What to Expect During Your First Consultation With a Tampa Birth Injury Lawyer
The first time you visit the team at Freidin Brown, P.A., we will ask you questions about your child’s injury and the circumstances under which it happened. This includes questions about your pregnancy, your child’s health, and the expenses you have incurred as a result of the birth injury.
From there, a Tampa medical malpractice lawyer can begin building a case if you decide to file a birth injury lawsuit. During this process, we will ask for documentation like medical records and copies of your bills. We will also ask if the negligent doctor or hospital has contacted you and ask to review any associated documentation, such as letters or emails.
Most importantly, we will spend time getting to know your family so we can fully understand how your child’s birth injury has impacted your life.
Why You Should Let Us Represent You in Your Tampa Birth Injury Claim
Our medical malpractice attorneys have a reputation for getting positive results for our clients. We are dedicated to getting families who have been affected by doctor and hospital negligence the money they need.
When you choose Freidin Brown, P.A. as your Tampa birth injury lawyers, you will get:
- Selectively chosen birth injury attorneys with more than 100 years of combined experience
- Legal representation that is tailored to your family’s specific needs
- A law firm that has the time and resources to dedicate our full attention to your birth injury claim
- A compassionate legal team who will listen to your story as we build your birth injury case
- Staff members who can help you in Spanish or Portuguese
- Two board-certified lawyers who have tried more than 300 cases and can represent you in court if the insurance company won’t settle
Our law firm is dedicated to seeing that justice is served, because when doctors are held accountable for their negligence, it improves the healthcare system overall, making it safer for other children in the future.
How Much Your Tampa Birth Injury Claim May Be Worth
We know how hard it is to manage the expenses of a birth injury. That’s why our injury lawyers work diligently to recover adequate compensation for your family. Every birth injury case is unique, and so are the outcomes. Here are some of our case results:
- $38 million: Jury verdict for premature twin boys who were left blind due to a doctor’s failure to screen and diagnose them
- $4.625 million: Verdict for a child who was left blind due to a neonatology group’s negligence
- $3 million: Settlement for the family of a woman who tragically died after childbirth
- $1.8 million: Verdict for an infant who suffered a brain injury
Get a Free Consultation With a Tampa Birth Injury Lawyer Today
The first step on the path to getting justice for your child’s birth injury is reaching out to us to arrange your free consultation. We can tell you more about your legal options in Florida and answer your questions.
The Tampa birth injury lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. can help you receive the compensation you and your child deserve. Call us today at 888-677-7764 to schedule a free consultation.