Miami Doctor Error Lawyer
Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers with 100+ Years of Experience
While doctors, hospitals, and nurses do great work for our communities, they have legal obligations to ensure they provide care to their patients at an acceptable level as recognized by their peers. If such doctors, hospitals, or nurses provide care that is below the accepted standards of care, and that sub-standard care causes harm to their patient, the healthcare providers can be held responsible for the damage they caused.
At Freidin Brown, P.A., our Miami medical malpractice lawyers have leveraged over a century of collective experience to fight for victims and families that suffered as a result of medical errors, including those committed by doctors. Because we know the standards with which physicians, nurses, and hospitals must comply when treating patients, we have a keen understanding of the acts and errors that constitute medical malpractice, as well as the experience and resources to help victims hold responsible parties accountable and liable for the damages they suffered.
Why Hire Freidin Brown, P.A.?
- Proven Experience in Medical Malpractice Cases
- Millions in Compensation Recovered for Clients
- Two Board Certified Civil Trial Law Specialists
- Contingency Fees – No Fee Unless We Win
- Recognized and Respected in the Community
- Resources to Aggressively Fight for Justice
If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of what you believe was an error by a nurse, doctor, or hospital, our team is available to help you better understand whether you may have a valid medical malpractice case. Call 888-677-7764 or contact us online for a free consultation.
When Does a Physician’s Error Become Malpractice?
Doctors owe their patients a duty of care whenever there is a formal patient-doctor relationship. From basic exams to diagnostic testing, treatment, and surgery, this duty requires doctors to provide care that meets the accepted standards of their profession. Unfortunately, there are times when doctors fall below the accepted standards of care for their specialty, causing great harm to patients.
When determining whether or not you have a valid medical malpractice claim, and whether a doctor’s error rose to the level of malpractice as defined by Florida law, there is a basic concept that can be used. Although every case is unique, this concept focuses on substandard care. For example, you may have a potential malpractice claim if:
- Your doctor failed to provide a level of care and treatment that a reasonably careful doctor would have provided under the same or similar circumstances; and
- You suffered harm and damages as a result.
Because this is just a general guideline for what constitutes malpractice, the individual facts of a case must always be carefully evaluated. At Freidin Brown, P.A., we use top medical experts in each respective specialty to assist us in assessing whether a doctor failed to meet his or her duty of care. Common examples of doctor errors may include:
- Failures to diagnose a condition, or misdiagnosing a condition, a reasonably careful doctor would have diagnosed
- Errors in the administration of anesthesia or medication, including wrong dosages
- Errors in appropriately communicating a patient’s condition or needs to nurses and medical staff
- Surgical errors, including operating on the wrong body part and leaving medical instruments inside a patient
- Errors in hospitals or emergency rooms (where a doctor’s duty of care may vary)
- Errors committed by doctors during pregnancy, labor, or delivery that lead to preventable birth injuries
Doctors are medical professionals with years of training and expertise, and while patients cannot reasonably expect them to cure all ailments all of the time, there are laws in place that say patients can and should expect that they’ll be treated with the care, diligence, skill, and precision expected of a reasonably competent doctor. When this is not the case and patients suffer harm as a result of a doctor’s mistake, they have the right to pursue legal action by filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. When successful, these claims can hold doctors liable for damages such as a patient’s pain and suffering, lost wages or earning abilities, additional medical expenses, emotional injuries, and more.
Place Your Trust in Proven Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice cases are known for their complexity, as they involve difficult concepts of medical science and the law, and require an ability to clearly and convincingly prove negligence. At Freidin Brown, P.A., our legal team has a proven ability to do just that for patients injured by all types of medical errors, including those committed by doctors, specialists, nurses, medical administrators, and more. We also have the resources and reputation to help clients fight back against the insurance companies which commonly handle malpractice claims, and all too often put their profits ahead of people by working to pay as little as possible.
To learn more about doctor errors, medical malpractice, and whether you may have a case, contact us for a free and confidential consultation. Our firm proudly serves clients throughout Miami and the entire state of Florida.