Hialeah Medical Malpractice Lawyer
You trust your physician to provide quality patient care, but some disturbing statistics about medical errors may come as a surprise. Results of a recent study published by Johns Hopkins Medicine reveals that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US, coming after heart disease and cancer. More than 250,000 deaths every year are linked to errors in diagnosis, treatment, and other forms of care, many of which were entirely preventable.
Our attorneys at Freidin Brown, P.A. understand how a medical mistake have devastating impacts for patients and their families, which is why medical malpractice cases are our core practice area. We handle all aspects of the claims process, from negotiations with an insurance company to litigation in court. Please contact our firm to schedule a free case evaluation with a Hialeah medical malpractice lawyer, and check out an overview on some key legal points.
How Liability Works in Florida Medical Malpractice Cases
There are four sets of facts you must prove to succeed in a medical malpractice claim:
- You must show that the health care provider owes the patient a duty to comply with the generally accepted standard of care in the relevant medical field;
- You need to prove that the physician breached this duty by deviating from the standard of care;
- There must be a causal relationship between the breach and your injuries; and,
- You need to show that you sustained damages as a result of medical negligence.
Medical Malpractice is Our Core Practice Area
These claims fall under the umbrella of personal injury, but Florida medical malpractice are quite distinct. Our lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. specifically focus in medical malpractice, so we have amassed high-level experience handling:
- Cancer and cancer misdiagnosis;
- Birth and prenatal errors;
- Failure to diagnose and treat stroke;
- Hospital negligence;
- Surgical and medication mistakes; and,
- Many other cases involving medical mistakes.
Monetary Damages for Medical Malpractice Victims
When you have sufficient evidence to prove the four elements of a medical malpractice claim, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your losses. Examples include:
- Amounts for your medical bills to treat medical malpractice injuries;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Emotional and psychological distress; and,
- Losses based upon how your injuries affect your personal relationships.
Get Legal Help from a Hialeah Medical Malpractice Attorney
While this general information about Florida medical malpractice may be useful, it’s still essential to retain experienced legal counsel for assistance with your claim. These cases involve complex concepts in the areas of both medicine and law, so you need to work with a firm that’s dedicated to fighting for victims of medical errors. You can entrust your claim to our team at Freidin Brown, P.A., as our core practice area is medical malpractice. Please contact our offices in Miami or Fort Myers, FL today to set up a no-cost consultation with a Hialeah medical malpractice lawyer.