Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or your loved one suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence, you should contact Freidin Brown, P.A. as soon as you can. Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers have earned a reputation throughout the state for strongly advocating for our clients inside and outside of court.
We are proud to say we have two Board Certified Trial Attorneys on our team who can elevate claims like few others in Florida. So, when you choose to work with us on your injury case, you can rest assured that your case is in good, caring, and highly experienced hands. Contact us today or call 888-677-7764 for a free consultation.
Our Fort Myers Attorneys Tenaciously Advocate for the Wrongfully Injured
Unlike some larger firms whose ads you see splashed on billboards across Florida, Freidin Brown, P.A. is selective about the attorneys it hires and the cases it takes. We are a smaller firm, but our size allows us to truly focus on quality over quantity. As a result, hundreds of cases do not bog down our lawyers. Instead, we can give each client the time and attention they deserve.
When you work with us, you become a part of our family. Our founding partner Philip Freidin has been practicing law for more than 50 years and personally oversees each case our law firm handles. At least two lawyers on our team manage planning, strategy sessions, and case development. We will do everything we can to take the pressure of your case off your shoulders and achieve a favorable outcome for you, including:
- Investigating the accident that injured you or a loved one
- Collecting case evidence, including police and accident reports, eyewitness testimony, and medical records
- Identifying liable parties and holding them responsible for your damages
- Consulting with medical professionals and other subject matter experts about your case
- Negotiating for the maximum available settlement
- Preparing your case for trial and representing you in civil court if necessary
We Handle Various Types of Personal Injury Cases in the Fort Myers Area
We represent clients who suffered injuries from the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Hospital negligence
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Dangerous drugs
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective products
If we do not recover compensation for your claim, you do not have to pay us a dime under our contingency fee policy. Therefore, starting your case with us is simple and risk-free.
Our Florida Lawyers Have Recovered Millions in Compensation
Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyers bring more than 100 years of combined experience to each case. With more than 300 jury trials handled and millions of dollars in compensation recovered, as our case results show, we are the law firm you want on your side. Our victories include:
- A $38 million verdict for a medical malpractice injury
- A $5.8 million verdict for an auto accident case
- A $5.5 million settlement for hospital negligence
- A $4.78 million premises liability verdict
- A $1.875 million wrongful death settlement
We handle various kinds of personal injury cases, and no matter what case we take, our Florida injury attorneys will fight hard to ensure you and your family do not pay for someone else’s negligent or wrongful behavior. We will work tirelessly to recover every cent owed to you, which may include compensation for:
- Medical care: Medical care will likely be the most expensive cost after your accident. Our lawyers know what it takes to hold the liable party accountable for your medical bills and hospital stays.
- Rehabilitation: For serious, lingering injuries, rehabilitative therapy, extended nursing services, and life care may be necessary. You should get compensation for these costs.
- Lost income: People recuperating from serious injuries often miss work for extended periods. We want to fight for your rights to collect missing income. We can also seek awards for your lost earning capacity if your injury permanently alters your ability to work. You could recover damages if you must change jobs or stop working altogether.
- Property damage: Was your property destroyed in your accident, such as a car collision that wrecked your vehicle? We can seek damages for repairs or replacements.
- Emotional trauma: We can pursue noneconomic damages for emotional and mental trauma and quality of life reductions caused by your accident.
- Physical suffering: You may qualify for monetary compensation for severe and chronic pain, disabling injuries, mobility loss, and scarring and disfigurement.
- Punitive damages: In rare cases, a court can award punitive damages to penalize the defendant for gross misconduct or wrongdoing. For example, punitive damages may deter a drunk driver (and others who may emulate them) from exhibiting the same reckless behavior in the future.
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Fort Myers-area accident, we are truly sorry for your loss and will be there for your family when you call. We can hold the liable party accountable for your family member’s passing and request that they compensate you for related losses, such as:
- Funeral, burial, and cremation expenses
- The decedent’s medical expenses
- Lost household income
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Other related losses
During a free consultation, we will review every loss your loved one and family suffered and advise you on how wrongful death actions work under Florida law. We know this is a difficult time, but you can rest assured that we will take care of your case while you care for your family.
What Should You Do After Suffering a Personal Injury in Fort Myers?
Immediately after being in any accident that causes an injury or extensive property damage, you should call emergency services for help. Seek medical attention as soon as possible if emergency medical technicians did not treat you at the scene. Allowing a medical professional to examine you reduces your chances of suffering a permanent injury and creates a medical record for your case.
If it is safe to do so, you should also try to collect as much evidence as you can from the scene of your accident. Whether you were in a trucking accident or slipped and fell while visiting someone else’s property, proof of the incident found then and there can be powerful for your case. Take photographs and talk to eyewitnesses as necessary. Get copies of official reports from emergency responders as well.
Finally, consider enlisting the help of our experienced Fort Myers, FL, personal injury lawyers. We can get to work immediately to protect you and your right to financial damages.
Pursue Your Case Before Time Runs Out
Whatever you do, do not allow Florida’s statute of limitations to expire. Under HB 837/SB236, you generally have two years from your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) also allows two years to sue for wrongful death. However, certain circumstances can alter these deadlines, so it’s very important to hire an experienced lawyer to review the statute of limitations in your particular case. If any of these circumstances apply to your case, we will advise you of the timeline and deadline you have for recovering damages.
If the deadline expires, the court may not hear your case. In addition, it will lower your bargaining power during insurance negotiations, potentially leading to a reduced settlement or denied claim.
Our Fort Myers personal injury attorneys can tell you more about how the laws apply to your case and help you get started before it is too late.
Contact Freidin Brown, P.A. Today for Help With Your Fort Myers Personal Injury Case
Each decision you make on the path to compensation after an accident needs to be well-informed. Our legal team is here to provide you with the knowledge and direction to make you confident in your case’s progress.
By hiring our Fort Myers, FL, personal injury lawyers to manage your case, you free yourself to focus on your rest and recovery, which everyone deserves while healing from an injury. Contact us for a free consultation or call 888-677-7764 to speak with a compassionate member of our team.