Florida Pediatric Stroke Lawyer
The risk of pediatric stroke is much higher for newborn babies both after and during childbirth. If an infant suffers from a stroke, it is crucial the child receives medical attention immediately. Failure to do so can result in permanent medical conditions like cerebral palsy and brain damage. Contact our experienced Florida pediatric stroke lawyers today for more information or assistance.
Causes of a Pediatric Stroke
Pediatric strokes occur when blood supply is cut off from the infant’s brain. The two types of strokes include:
- Ischemic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a clot blocks brain arteries or when forceps or a vacuum extractor are used during delivery.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when brain vessels are ruptured due to trauma or when forceps or a vacuum extractor are used during delivery.
Infants who suffer either type of stroke can also suffer seizures, causing them to suffer worse brain injury.
If your child has suffered a pediatric stroke and you believe a medical professional or facility should be held liable, it in important you call our Florida pediatric stroke lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. right away.
Symptoms of a Pediatric Stroke
There are many signs of a stroke. While much of these signs can be detected through EEG (Electroencephalography) activity, other symptoms and signs include:
- Difficulty feeding
- Delays in development
- Difficulty breathing
- Pauses in breathing
- Premature preference of using one hand instead of the other
Methods Used to Diagnose Pediatric Strokes
Infants who suffer strokes must be diagnosed and treated immediately in order to avoid further injury or harm. The following methods can be used to diagnose a pediatric stroke:
- Blood tests
- CT scan (computed tomography)
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- MRV (magnetic resonance venography)
- CTA (computed tomography angiography)
- Lumbar puncture
- Cranial ultrasound
- MRA (magnetic resonance angiography)
Has Your Infant Suffered a Pediatric Stroke? Call Freidin Brown, P.A
If your infant has suffered a pediatric stroke or any other injuries before, during, or after childbirth and you believe a medical professional should be held liable, call our Florida birth injury lawyers right away. When you contact our legal team, we will examine the details of your case and determine who should be held responsible. We can fight for your rights and future. To discuss your case today, call Freidin Brown, P.A. right away.