Close Menu
Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Miami Medical Malpractice & Complex Injury Lawyers Call Us 24/7 for a FREE Consultation 888-677-7764
Contact Us Today En Español
Miami Medical Malpractice Lawyers > Family Law > Modifications andRelocations

Modifications and Relocation

Located in Miami, lawyer Joel Brown provides clients throughout the region with sound, effective representation during relocation disputes and post-decree modifications.

Relocation: A Complex Legal Process When Minor Children Are Involved

Individuals are increasingly mobile. Many choose to relocate to new cities, states or countries to take advantage of job opportunities, fulfill family duties or enjoy other lifestyle benefits. However, when a parent decides to move away, there are substantial legal considerations.

Modifications and Relocations

If parents share custody, and one parent’s relocation will make time share impossible or difficult, relocation may be difficult. If one parent wishes to relocate with the children, the non-relocating parent must approve the move. If he or she does not give approval, the court will determine whether relocation is in the child’s best interest.

Disputes regarding relocation are very complex and involve legal, practical and jurisdictional issues. Whether you wish to relocate, or prevent the relocation of your children, it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side.

In addition to his experience as an lawyer, Mr. Brown also has experience sitting behind the bench. Mr. Brown was the Administrative Judge for the Family Division of Miami-Dade County Circuit Court for eight (8) years and was also the former Chief Judge of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit from 2009 through 2013. Today, clients benefit from his extensive knowledge of Florida’s family law system, its relocation laws and its procedures.

Custody And Support Modifications

Life doesn’t operate in a vacuum. As families grow and change, it may be necessary to modify existing child support, alimony and custody orders to fit the needs of today’s life. At Freidin Brown, P.A., lawyer Joel Brown helps clients modify existing orders in the following circumstances:

  • An increase or decrease in income
  • An increase in child care costs, including school tuition, extracurricular activities, health care costs or day care
  • A change in one parent’s ability to care for children
  • Children spending more overnights with one parent than laid out in the original time-sharing plan
  • One spouse’s remarriage
  • The birth of a new child

For assistance with custody, support or alimony modifications, or for legal representation during a relocation dispute, contact lawyer Joel Brown. Schedule a consultation online.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus