Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Delayed Diagnosis of Strokes


Strokes are very common for people over the age of 60, though younger people have them as well. Often, they can be treated with blood thinning medication, called PTA. But it is critical to get the treatment as quickly as possible. Also, it is important to try to get to a stroke center. Regardless, immediate assessment is necessary.

The medical malpractice specialists at Freidin Brown, P.A. have taken on a lot of these cases where patients did get to the ER in time and the ER doctor fails to identify the symptoms and diagnose or treat a stroke in a timely fashion. This can result in catastrophic outcomes that could have been prevented had the medical staff performed a more thorough assessment when the patient arrived.

Obviously, if you have the choice, you want to avoid the stroke progressing, but if you had one that was allowed to progress without the right treatment, there may well be a claim you can make against the hospital that failed to properly treat you.

In many such claims, the Freidin Brown, P.A. attorneys prove that the patient did all he/she should have done in getting to the hospital in a timely fashion. We then prove that the hospital fell below the standard of care that is expected of the medical institutions and professionals in the state of Florida. Strokes can occur during hospitalizations, sometimes after surgery, during a treatment, or as a result of the medications administered.

Family members should be aware of the signs of a stroke when a loved one undergoes a serious medical procedure. A common red flag is loss of movement of the patient’s leg or arm on one side, or a change in speech, such as visible difficulty verbalizing their thoughts. We have successfully litigated many of these cases by proving, for example, that the nursing staff failed to pick up on warning signs and failed to alert the physician.

If you believe that you or a loved one suffered extensive damages from a stroke as a result of negligent care or medical error, then give me a call and we can set up a free consultation. You can reach me and the rest of my team of excellent attorneys at 305-371-3666.

Facebook LinkedIn