En Español
Call Us 24/7 for a FREE Consultation

Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions

Answers From Miami Car Accident Attorneys

After a motor vehicle accident, who will pay for your property damage and medical expenses? What happens if you are permanently incapacitated? What should you say to your insurance company? Should you get a second medical opinion? If you have been injured in an accident, we can help answer your questions and recover compensation for your losses. The following are questions that clients frequently ask our Miami car accident lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A.

What should I say to the insurance companies after an accident?

You will need to report your accident to your own car insurance company. What you say, however, can make a difference in your case. Report the facts, but do not editorialize on what happened. State that an accident occurred, give your information and the other driver's information, and answer all questions with facts. Do not discuss fault.

If the other driver's insurance company contacts you, decline to give a statement. Let them know that your attorney will contact them. Also, if an attorney or anyone else on an attorney's behalf approaches you at the hospital or your home, calls you, or sends you a letter in an attempt to have you sign up as a client, be sure to ask them to leave. It is unethical for an attorney to reach out to you directly after your accident.

Should I accept the insurance company's offer?

In most cases, an insurance company's first offer to you is not its best offer. Insurance adjusters have been trained to lowball settlements in order to protect their companies' bottom lines. Furthermore, if you have been injured, they will likely not account for all of your injuries. Before you accept an insurance company's settlement offer, discuss your case with an attorney. It will not cost you anything to sit down with us to review your options — our initial consultations are free, and we handle each case on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not owe us attorney's fees unless we recover money for you.

I have only minor injuries. Do I need to go to the doctor?

Yes. Even minor injuries can be signs of issues in the future (such as soft tissue injuries). In fact, it is common for injuries to appear weeks after an accident has occurred. No matter how you feel, visit the doctor and discuss all of the aches and pains that have appeared since your accident.

I don't think I can work. How will I pay my bills?

If your injury prevents you from working, your personal injury settlement or verdict should include compensation for a percentage of your lost wages.

It has been a while since my accident. Can I still file a lawsuit?

You have a limited amount of time to file your car accident claim. This is called the "statute of limitations." In Florida, you have four years to bring a claim, unless the accident caused a death and then the statute of limitations is two years. It is important, however, that you take action as soon as possible. Evidence does not last forever, especially in car accident cases, and the sooner you have a lawyer working for you, the better.

For more information, call (888) 650-0918 to schedule a FREE case evaluation.

Client Testimonials

  • "I have tremendous respect and appreciation for Phil Freidin. " - Client

  • "Phil Freidin did a magnificent job representing my wife and myself after she sustained critical injuries in Florida. " - Client

  • "Freiden Brown is one of top trial firms in Miami. " - Client

  • "The Freidin Brown Law Firm is one of the most generous law firms I know. " - Client

  • "I had a favorable result " - Client

  • "Thanks Freidin and Brown for an outstanding service " - T.A.

  • " Phil Freidin is not only an extraordinary lawyer, but a fine human being." - Nick K., Client

  • " Powerful and kind attorney" - Barbara P., Client

  • " I cannot say enough about this most wonderful law firm!" - B.S., client

The Freidin BrownAdvantage

Past Results*


Medical Malpractice


Deceptive Sweepstakes Mailing


Negligent Care / Brain Injury


Whistleblower (Qui Tam)


Sex Tape Scandal Lawsuit Against 50 Cent


Brain Injury


Verdict for Accident Victim with Brain Damage


Settlement Against a Hospital and Doctors


Verdict for Family of Drunk Driving Accident Victim


Negligent Security


Verdict for Family of Accident Victim


Severe Arm Injury


Plane Crash


Child Birth Death


Auto Accident


Bedsores/Elder Abuse


Failure to Diagnose & Hospitalize


Misdiagnosed & Treated


Sexual Harassment


Automobile Accident

View More of Our Victories