Retinopathy of Prematurity Research
ROP Lawyers in Miami
Research on Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) is active and ongoing. One important conclusion seems no longer to be a subject of debate: The key to saving the sight of many premature babies is timely diagnosis of ROP in its early stages, accompanied by proper treatment once the disease is identified.
Ongoing Efforts Address Retinopathy of Prematurity
Ophthalmologists and referring physicians continue to be challenged by factors such as the unpredictability of when the disease develops and the ideal examination regimen for infants who show mild symptoms. Emerging diagnostic tools and newer treatments must be studied for their effectiveness, side effects and complications.
ROP-related research in recent years has focused on subjects including:
- The effectiveness of new screening and examination techniques, such as wide-angle retinal imaging and telemedicine
- ROP risk factors for different ethnic and national groups
- Efforts to further define and understand the progression of ROP through its five known stages
- Continued investigation into the effectiveness and long-term effects of treatments such as cryotherapy and laser therapy
- Risk factors for different ethnic and national groups
- Attempts to lower costs and make diagnosis and treatment more available
- Overall studies of quality of life for low-birth-weight babies as they advance through childhood and into adulthood
Freidin Brown, P.A.: Holding Medical Professionals Accountable
It is great news that dedicated physicians and research facilities are working on the problem of ROP. For children and parents suffering the impact of this disease, however, it is critical to hold physicians and hospitals accountable to today's standards of care. Our firm can apply relevant experience to help families harmed by medical negligence. We recently obtained a major verdict in an ROP case, and we will continue to advocate aggressively for those harmed by inadequate care, preventable birth injury or other types of negligence.
Need Help? Contact Freidin Brown, P.A. Today.
We are a proven personal injury firm with a track record that includes hundreds of favorable settlements and verdicts. Your initial consultation is FREE, and you will never owe fees unless we take your case and recover financial compensation for you.
Contact us to reach a lawyer who will look for ways to make our justice system work for you.