Florida Life Care Planning Lawyers
We Will Fight for Your Future
One critical aspect of any medical malpractice case is the pursuit of a recovery that will truly help victims and their families deal with long-term consequences and costs. In cases involving blindness due to negligence in treating Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP), this is especially critical. At Freidin Brown, P.A., our Florida ROP lawyers are aggressive in pursuing maximum recoveries for our clients. We have tried many cases resulting in seven-figure verdicts and negotiated multimillion-dollar settlements in many others. In 2008, we obtained a $38 million jury award for twins rendered blind due to ROP and medical negligence.
Considering Treatment, Education, Lifelong Costs, & Suffering
A few of the key considerations in deciding the amount of financial damages to pursue in an ROP blindness case are:
- A child rendered blind or severely vision-impaired will face challenges many of us cannot even comprehend—lasting an entire lifetime.
- Costs for education at a reputable school for the blind can exceed $100,000 per year today, and are likely to increase over time.
- Full-time attendant care will be required for a number of years, and an array of costly assistive services may be needed even in adulthood.
- Parents may have to take years away from work to care properly for a blind child, forfeiting substantial income and benefits.
- The lifelong earning capacity of a blind or severely vision-impaired person may be greatly reduced.
- The psychological impact on the entire family must be considered.
Complete Life-Care Planning May Be Essential to Your Case
We call on proven life-care planning consultants and economists capable of doing detailed projections, and all other necessary experts to obtain compensation that can make a difference for our clients’ future. We are adept at presenting comprehensive life-care plans that do justice to the magnitude of your financial needs.
If you or someone you know is dealing with ROP-related infant blindness or severe vision loss, we are here to help. We have handled cases throughout the United States and can help you locate qualified local co-counsel as well.
Contact our firm to arrange a FREE consultation and begin discussions concerning liability and damages.