Education & Early Experience
Lyda is a member of the Freidin Brown, P.A. trial team, focusing on catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, and tobacco litigation. Prior to joining Freidin Brown, P.A., Lyda gained extensive courtroom experience serving as an Assistant Public Defender in Miami-Dade County for 6 years. As a Felony A-Level Attorney at the Public Defender’s Office, Lyda participated in more than 50 trials and prepared hundreds of cases while representing defendants criminally charged with the highest levels of offenses.
Before becoming an attorney, Lyda attended Florida International University, where she graduated magna cum laude and was a member of the Golden Key National Honor Society. Lyda went on to earn her law degree from St. Thomas University School of Law where she was a member of the Intercultural Human Rights Law Review and Moot Court Board. While in law school, she also worked as a law clerk at one of Miami’s top plaintiff’s civil litigation firms.
Lyda was born in Palma Soriano, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba and speaks fluent Spanish.
- Florida, 2011
St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. – 2011
- Intercultural Human Rights Law Review (member)
- Moot Court Board (vice president of membership – 2010-2011)
- ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition (competitor – 2010)
- St. Thomas Moot Court Intramural Competition (finalist – 2009)
Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- B.S. magna cum laude – 2005
- Dean’s List
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Fluent in Spanish
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Public Defender Carlos J. Martinez, Assistant Public Defender – Felony Attorney A Level, 2011-2018