Medical Malpractice & Negligence at Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston, Florida
Did you suffer a serious injury after being discharged from the Emergency Room (ER) at Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston, Florida? Did improper treatment at Cleveland Clinic Florida cause a serious injury to you or a family member? If so, you should immediately contact an attorney.
Recently, five Emergency Room (ER) doctors at Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston, Florida filed a lawsuit alleging that the hospital and its staff was endangering patient safety with actions that severely violated Florida’s medical malpractice laws. The complaint alleged many instances of shocking negligence that caused severe injuries to the hospital’s patients. The doctors alleged that patients were prematurely released despite the need for further testing and treatment, and a certain doctor repeatedly ordered that patients be discharged without ever being seen by the discharging doctor. In one instance, an emergency room doctor cancelled a cardiologist’s orders for medications and testing, resulting in the patient having a heart attack. The lawsuit alleges that the incidents occurred in Cleveland Clinic’s Emergency Room (ER) between September 2015 and June 2016.
These alarming patterns of inadequate medical practices may lead to severe harm for all patients involved, and there could be many more unknowing victims of medical malpractice out there. If you or a loved one suffered as a result of such flagrant negligence or malpractice by Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Emergency Room (ER) staff, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Some examples alleged in the lawsuit include but are not limited to:
- Patient was admitted and discharged within one minute, when the patient should have been hospitalized for Class III heart failure, and there is no record the discharging doctor ever saw the patient.
- Patient was never evaluated by the discharging doctor and was prematurely discharged. As a result, the patient suffered from septic shock the next day.
- Patient was never evaluated by the discharging doctor and suffered from a heart attack the following day.
- Patient with kidney failure was discharged despite major risk factors.
- Cancer patient who tested critically low for sodium and potassium was prematurely discharged without ever being seen by the discharging doctor.
- Emergency room doctor improperly cancelled necessary medications, tests, and monitoring ordered by the patient’s cardiologist. The patient was a heart transplant candidate in acute heart failure.
Contact Our Florida Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
The attorneys at Freidin Brown, P.A. are no strangers to lawsuits against hospitals for errors in the Emergency Room (ER). In 2017, Freidin Brown, P.A. filed a lawsuit against Cleveland Clinic Florida on behalf of a patient who suffered devastating injuries as a result of an improper and premature discharge from the Emergency Room (ER) in Weston, Florida. In addition, we have represented victims of hospital negligence around the State of Florida, and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
At Freidin Brown, P.A. we understand how devastating it can be to be the victim of medical malpractice, and this is why we apply all of our education, experience, and energy into making sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Our team of medical malpractice attorneys is committed to standing by those who have suffered due to the negligence of another. Whether you are facing hefty medical bills, loss of work, or pain and suffering, we will stand strong on your behalf in the name of justice.
To speak to a representative of our firm today, please don’t hesitate to call us at (888) 650-0918.