With Independence Day only a few days away, most people are planning to have a holiday evening filled with food, drinks, fun, friends, and, of course, fireworks! While these light shows can be extremely fun to watch, using such devices can create dangerous situations if individuals are not safe. In fact, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that every day in the month surrounding Independence Day, 230 individuals visit the emergency room due to firework-related injuries. Data also shows that nearly 50% of these emergency visits are due to burn injuries to the hands, fingers, eyes, and face regions.
Because our Miami personal injury lawyers at Freidin Brown, P.A. care about the safety of you and your family, we have listed some safety tips below:
- Refrain from allowing children to play near firework displays or with fireworks.
- Never attempt to reignite a firework that did not initially light.
- Always keep a hose and a bucket of water near the firework display areas.
- Do not attempt to use multiple fireworks at one time.
- Always light one firework at a time and ensure people are at a safe distance from the area.
- Do not try to make your own fireworks.
- Never modify fireworks.
- Use safety eyewear when lighting and watching fireworks.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of your city’s firework laws.
- Dispose of fireworks in a metal trash bin after soaking them in water.
Freidin Brown, P.A. Wishes You a Happy and Safe Independence Day!
Our legal team would like to wish you, your family, and your friends a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend! Because we understand that accidents happen during holiday weekends, our Miami personal injury lawyers will stand ready to take your calls should you or a loved one become involved in an accident. When you entrust us with your case, we will look into every aspect of your case and determine which strategies can help you pursue maximum compensation right away. In every case, we take a client-focused approach to ensure you and your family are as comfortable as possible while we handle all the complicated legal matters.